Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Bots need to be more useful then they currently are
  2. aithevulture

aithevulture New Member

Last edited: June 10, 2013
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Wrong thread. Completely wrong thread. This is only a list of suggestions / confirmed features and all of them have own topics.

You want to make a new suggestion? Use the search function first (seriously, just do it, your idea isn't new) and if you don't find anything after trying various phrasings, make a new thread.
  4. aithevulture

aithevulture New Member

exterminans

1) Ty for guide.

2) PA "idea isn't new"...
  5. hmstryx

hmstryx New Member

Yes, it's not new (robot shoots robot), but the ability to punch a bot in the nose with another bot - is spectacular.

If bots could ride vehicles, play chicken, and drag enemy bots home (hand actuators, man) then we'd be getting somewhere fast. But I digress.
  6. hixday93800

hixday93800 Member

Will not be present, space combat, you mean no ''homeworld like'' combat ? seems fine with me
  7. serartorias

serartorias New Member

So, I don't know if this is the right place or not, but.....

If we can turn asteroids into KEW's can we also turn them into mobile bases if we are in a game that has more than one solar system? If not why? And if we can, can we do the same thing to planets, but obviously with more engines? I think it would be kind of fun if you had to intercept an enemy's base that is hurtling through space and your only options are to crash a small force onto it to build a base or to crash into it with another asteroid/planet.
  8. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

I love the idea of mobile asteroid bases, especially for getting a foot hold in other solar systems. Almost feels like a required feature!

Not so sure about the planet part though, I know PA is hardly on the realism train but there is a wholeeeeeeeee host of reasons why you cant strap engines to a planet and make it go...
  9. soghog

soghog Member

I vaguely remember reading about something special you could do with the Metal Planet but I forget the source; might've been one of the uber streams actually. I don't see it on the list though but if I can find it we should add it. I think it was something like "Turn it into a Death Star" but I need to double check. Anyone else remember this?

EDIT: Found it. Death Star confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCRA1ae5WWQ&t=00h21m00s

Double edit: Looking back at the list, I guess it was on there, I just think "reactivatable" is a bit vague, so you might want to clarify it further.
  10. AnotherYeti

AnotherYeti New Member

Btw, putting units at the beginning of build queues is currently in the alpha. So that should probably be listed as confirmed.
  11. enizer

enizer New Member

i am disappointed to hear no shields, in supcom and FA i built those everywhere
    hoping there will be other turtle options, i quite literally find rush RTS gameplay as enjoyable as housework :)

this post seems a little out of date, it says steam unconfirmed, and yet, i just downloaded the game through steam

what else has changed since this post?
  12. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I know it's probably more work for Knight, but is it worth adding another status to the feature list of [IMPLEMENTED] for features that are now up and running in the game? Might be useful for the handful of people who actually read this sticky.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That's actually not a bad idea, I just haven't had time to really focus on the CFL, I was away for 2 weeks, I'm moving at the end of the month, trying to start a business after that and all along trying to stay on top of the forums and all the modding stuff, I have still have a Live Stream to Index as well that I missed while I was away.

All in time! xD

Mike
  14. omega4

omega4 Member

That's funny. I quite literally find turtling RTS gameplay as enjoyable as watching paint dry. Why draw out battles longer than they need to be by building the largest base possible? Send your troops to destroy the enemy.

This is a wargame, not Civilization 7.

15. paulvonhindenburg

paulvonhindenburg New Member

Hello guys could you please add a date to the feature list so that everbody can easy find out what had changend since yesterday or last week?

Thank you for responding.

With friendly regards PaulvonHindenburg
  16. serartorias

serartorias New Member

Yeah, in retrospect, it was a silly idea to think about moving planets out of their orbits, but hey, silly doesn't mean implausible. Just means that it is 99.999999% likely never to happen XD
  17. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

If they do it for asteroids, I don't see how it's impossible to do on planets and moons. You would just need a lot more reactors...
  18. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I think the original posts could use some maintenance. Several features are still marked as "Suggestion" or "Unconfirmed" even though they are already implemented in the Alpha.

E.g. Rotating buildings before construction, Steam support, Artillery warfare, Orbital simulation of planet motion, Adjustable keybindings (not present, but confirmed), Live TV/replay function (chronocam...)
  19. KNight

KNight Post Master General

viewtopic.php?p=749606#p749606

Mike
  20. rakasob

rakasob New Member