Building-In-Building Construction: Let's keep it!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by slamoid, June 10, 2013.

1. slamoid

slamoid New Member

Ok so I LOVE the ability build a building partially inside another building. I'd LOVE to keep this feature around in some form or fashion.

Anyone else?
  2. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

They've said that they're going to implement some kind of "auto-align with adjacent structure" function, so I really doubt it's here to stay.
  3. mancora

mancora Member

While its kinda cool now, image how what would happen to turtling ..
  4. Baleur

Baleur Member

I love being able to build really CLOSE to other structures, but why would you want to build literally inside another? Just looks weird and dumb imo :oops:
  5. ZigCat

ZigCat New Member

when you build some metal-storage thingies, they tend to fit pretty nicely if you build them next to each other and the next row rotated by 180° and then put the narrow ends . . .

sorry, my english doesn't seem to be workings this morning.
    and pictures are cooler anyway! =P

what i wanted to describe is this scenario:
    [​IMG]

and i'm afraid that "normal" spacing wouldn't allow buildings to be this close grouped together.
  6. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

You're crazy.
  7. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

That DOES look really slick, but tbh I do not see that panning out.

Imagine this: Someone stacking a dozen defense towers in a single space. You are not scrutinizing their base when planning to attack (else you might notice small discrepancies hinting at there being a stack and not just one), you are just looking at what their defenses generally look like. So you send a small to moderate sized army to take them out and they get flattened because there were a dozen towers where there was only a model for one.

In a game about strategy, what is the point if you are going to hinder your opponent's ability to strategize? I know that sounds really weird, but if you are just going to do cheap crap things like that, why even bother playing? And I do not mean witty to sneaky unit combinations, or utilizing tactics to their fullest, I mean stuff like what I mentioned above: people stacking a bunch of towers in one spot. And believe it, maybe this current crew would not do that but people will if able.
  8. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

Yeah...was playing one game where I messed up pretty well but managed to run my comm and a few engineers away to the little mountain area. Was able to build up a nice stronghold in there because of being able to stack buildings on top of each other and come back and win...not saying I wasn't happy about winning, but I'm glad they'll be fixing the building issue!
  9. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Its got some quirks I saw your ideaand tried to make a giant mech looking building thanks for inspiring it.

Attached Files:

10. blocky22

blocky22 Member

hmm...
    The exo suit idea almost seems appealing... just a little bit.
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I guess "auto-align with adjacent structure" would also help for better pathfinding.
    By this i mean that if space in between 2 structures is not large enough, it will not help for finding the best possible path.