Aircraft need homes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by whitewolf1, June 10, 2013.

1. whitewolf1

whitewolf1 New Member

After playing through a few maps, aircraft have a huge advantage, the t2 battleship has a huge range but if you mass aircraft you can just go around killing whatever gets in the way, they are fast and they auto reload so if you have enough you can just go in someones base and pretty much auto destroy everything.

I think aircraft should need a home base for reloading weapons and maybe refueling or something. Its crazy how fast aircraft zip around the map and have massive power all without having some sort of negative to balance them. I was able to take out someones commander 2-3 minutes in a game just from 8 t1 bombers and 1 t2 bomber.

Aircraft should have a home base, sort of like a helipad building to refuel and reload weapons or something else to give them a better pro/con ratio.

Thanks
  2. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

They are not testing balance at this stage.
  3. veta

veta Active Member

4. slamoid

slamoid New Member

I completely disagree. I *LOVED* TA's balance of air: Fast and hard-hitting glass cannons. In swarms, sure they can cause damage. That's what flack cannons are for. A flack battery can take out a whole squadron of bombers faster than your commander can target them.
  5. veta

veta Active Member

when carelessly staying somewhere too long results in losing your entire airwing it makes for extremely punishing gameplay - punishing dynamics not only make the game less approachable but it's pretty shallow strategically/tactically. the counterplay to air blobs can and should be more interesting than setting up "airspace denial" via anti-air towers. Airplay since TA and FA has a lot of room for improvement.