Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. dianalogue

dianalogue Member

I bought the $90 package back in December, I saw the trailer and literally said Shut up and Take my money!

Still no Alpha key yet, I am slightly disheartened that I was promised a June 6th Alpha and now it's hours after getting out of work on the 7th and I still don't have it. I realize there's nothing I can really 'do'. I know that it's just how things are playing out, and I can't hold anything against you guys, all I can really say is please never take for granted the people who helped you get this project off the ground.

I will enjoy the absolute hell out of the game when I have access and I can't thank uber enough for recreating one of my favorite games of all time. TA and Supcom have both significantly shaped who I am as a gamer and the people at uber are doing FSM's work.

Now give me an alpha key already!!!! (please)
  2. ghostalker474

ghostalker474 New Member

Don't worry about it. I'm at the $150 level, confirmed email and everything... haven't heard anything. It'll happen eventually. It's just an alpha, are you really that anxious to see how much work still needs to be done?
  3. supersonic71699

supersonic71699 New Member

Still no key yet hopefully will get it tonight. Well I will probably be in the last batch considering I pre-ordered 5 days ago

Edit: Just got my key :p
  4. HD188753

HD188753 New Member

Bought the $90 tier package on the 5th, still no key though.
  5. dianalogue

dianalogue Member

yes :) TA was a very memorable part of my childhood

That being said, I am currently downloading the game client!
  6. qwat85

qwat85 New Member

bought alpha couple hours ago and just got my alpha key :D
  7. gabriellucena

gabriellucena New Member

Just got mine *---*
    too bad I don't have windows 64-bit, I was so excited :cry:

the game looks pretty awesome at the streans though
  8. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

Just got key.... see you online! :D
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

At this point, all the keys bought before today SHOULD have gone out. There might be a few still lingering on the alpha lists, but.. there it is.
  10. helacious

helacious New Member

Hello, I backed the game for 90$ on kickstarter and I did not receive an email regarding alpha... (I get the usual kickstarter updates, but no keys). What's going on?
  11. mounirfj

mounirfj New Member

Downloading mine :)

See you all online :) :) :)
  12. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

Got into alpha but the amount of lag makes it literally unplayable. literally.
  13. supersaujin4nick

supersaujin4nick New Member

Got alpha but every time i go to start the game i get a PA.exe as stopped working error has anyone else run across this.
  14. chaserk17

chaserk17 New Member

I keep on trying to buy the alpha but I keep on getting a error when ever I try and buy it I have tried both Paypal and amazon if someone could help me that would be great.
  15. skatedu

skatedu New Member

I just pre-ordered on the 90$ level. Not on kickstarter, but rather on store.uberent...
    I noticed that people got their keys.
    If i just preordered it a few minutes ago when should i expect my key?
  16. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

You guys are champs just for putting up with all the "where is my key" stuff. Personally, I'm IMPRESSED by the state of the game right now.

Enjoy your weekend :mrgreen:
  17. mutschu

mutschu New Member

I'm waiting for the key also!

PURCHASE DETAIL
    Galactic Edition
    Alpha Game Key (alpha, beta and retail access)
    $90.00

9:00 AM (9:00 Uhr)(Germany)

When the keys go out for us?
    Thanks for answer:)
  18. sapar

sapar New Member

I am in Alpha as well, and the lag is terrible. Ended up sending every unit to their death and couldn't stop them, wouldn't respond. Its only alpha so that is expected I suppose.

But I am playing from Australia, and I am wondering if its the sever ping or something that creates this problem as I have seen youtube video's where the lag is nowhere near as bad.

Anyways, looking forward to the next updates, Sounds and looks great!
  19. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

The FPS that people are reporting that makes the game unplayable, almost never exists for me. Even at 11 FPS, the game still is playable, and why I am starting to wonder if FPS that is being reported is accurate.
    Also, if you notice when FPS/Lag occurs, the explosions still look good and do not lag at all.
    probably because the explosions only exist on my PC, and doesn't have anything to do with the server (server just says explosion occurred there, and it was small)

One more thing,... it also appears the new build (49186) doesn't have performance degradation as the game progresses like the last build did. It is still there, but just not nearly as bad.

Just my experience so far....
  20. jilpi

jilpi New Member

I live in Hong Kong, we are in the same boat.
    It was exactly the same deal with Spring RTS (Balanced Annihilation ...): as soon as the bandwidth between you and the hosting server is not enough, lag increases with the number of units, and can even reach a few minutes (ie. few minutes between the moment you give an instruction and the moment it is taken into account).
    I played yesterday on the new server based in Europe, and it was much better than on the US one. However, I cannot tell if the improvement comes from the server location or from optimizations since the last built (not much time to play, so couldn't try on the US server again).

JiLPi

PS.: I had a lot of fun despite the very limited number of units, lag and low FPS. This game is going to be fantastic :)