Naval seriously over powered

Discussion in 'Support!' started by penchu, June 8, 2013.

1. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Though there are not "thousands" of reports so far there are:
    747 total reports at time of writing,
    475 are open tickets and not duplicates (as far as I know),
    400 of those are unconfirmed and need further testing to confirm as legitimate bugs.

So you see, there's still plenty to do :)
  2. Nelec

Nelec Member

I didn't say there were thousands of reports, but thousands of people. So if there are 747 reports, what about the people commenting underneath confirming bugs, with pictures etc.
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

It's possible that there might be more people than reports; likely even. But from what I've seen there is not a grossly increased amount of users. Most of the commenters are regulars.

That's good thing though. I like regular people checking in for tracking Bugs. Better that than posting up a bug and then forgetting you ever posted it.
    :)

Besides, you sidestepped the issue. If you can't find any more bugs to report that's only half the job done... I'm going through each one that I can (system specs allowing) and trying to replicate bugs.

Unfortunately there aren't too many that have reproduction steps clearly posted... so it takes a long time to try and nail down exactly what the issue is and how to confirm it.
  4. Nelec

Nelec Member

...has this got anything to do with naval being over powered?

Ah sod it.

This thread is doomed to fail.
  5. uberbasherbetax

uberbasherbetax New Member

When i say you no it ain't the alpha testers its the development team where i am talking about that has to fix this.
  6. aceofd1amonds

aceofd1amonds New Member

What if the imbalance of naval units... was a bug :eek:

I mean it's entirely possible that these here boats weren't meant to be inter-continental death machines and the fault is due to a codding error. We don't explicitly know what the intended ranges of these units are, and such is kind of hard to discover without playing the game as intended. Besides, from my experience it's best to have a wealth of feedback than a lack of. It's a blessing in itself that people are actually getting on the forum and contributing to discussion.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The ships are just soooo unfinished. Also they die quite easily vs t2 air.
  8. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

This thread is a perfect illustration of why devs are reluctant to let players alpha test, or see the game at such early stages.

Balance is probably one of the last things on their mind right now, there are far more things that need to be fixed.

I think it's hilarious that we're discussing "balance" at all when you can build dozens of metal extractors wherever you want. There is not even the remote semblance of balance at this point in the game's development, because we're not supposed to be worrying about it right now.
  9. lordfarquad

lordfarquad New Member

In fairness, virtually everyone here paid to get in, so it's really not fair to demand them to "not try to have fun" not everyone is cut out for testing, but almost everyone has an opinion on balance, and ultimately, as they're a paying customer, they really can do whatever they want. Those opinions will be useful later anyways (not all, but some), and there's no reason to not have a place to go to find them, once you eventually need them.
  10. thedbp

thedbp Member

but if you got some anti air to patrol around it, the leviathan can hit like half way around the planet, and it has an enormous splash damage radius.

but yeah, very unfinished on many aspects, even the icon for it is acting weird (it's not referring to the same icon that is with the rest of the icons.)
  11. godde

godde Well-Known Member

This. When the economy grows rampantly it is a whole different game. When you can just sit in your base and eco like crazy just you typically rush for the game enders. 6480 metal is really a gameender at this point. T2 Stationary artillery might not be effective compared to it but is it really the ship that is too strong or is it the artillery that is too weak?
    Add in a much slower economy and formations so that land units don't just bunch up and die and you will see that 30 bots make a big difference and they will be able to fight before the battleship is even built.

In Spring we have a term for this. It is called speed metal. In speed metal you can make mexes anywhere and the gameplay and balance is totally different from normal games with limited mex spots.