Units won't move

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kingsmaug, June 9, 2013.

1. kingsmaug

kingsmaug Member

I just noticed this with my commander, but I have experienced it before.

So, I had just finished the freeze/load process that I go through while joining/rejoining a game. At this time, I was rejoining because of the "waiting for other players to launch" bug. My commander was now deployed, and the UI was all in place, but my commander wouldn't move. I could select and deselect it as much as I chose, but when I tried to build or queue up actions, they wouldn't be shown.

I've had this happen once before that I remember, with the advanced vehicle fabricator, and, as I recall, all the vehicle factory units.
  2. qjake

qjake New Member

It sounds like, if you're issuing commands and they aren't getting executed, it's a client/server communication problem (which is interesting, because if the client is having trouble communicating with the server, it shouldn't let you into the game at all). I found that, in some games I'm in, I will issue a command to a unit, and I'll have to wait 3-5 seconds before it begins that command due to some sort of desync/degradation between the game client and the server.
  3. kingsmaug

kingsmaug Member

I've found that too. Most of the time, if I wait a few seconds, all the commands that I just queued show up and a few seconds after that, command execution began.

But this time, no matter how many commands I queued, they never showed up and execution never began. It was almost like I had never issued those commands to begin with.
  4. kingsmaug

kingsmaug Member

I'm coming to the conclusion that this is a problem with internet connection.

The problems I was talking about were when I was at home, where my internet connection sucks (I'll post a speed test about it later), but right now I'm at university, and its playing amazingly.

[​IMG]
  5. kingsmaug

kingsmaug Member

[​IMG]

This is my speed from home, where I was having all the problems.