First time in PA- Glitch report #1[with pictures!]

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by muzzledelk, June 8, 2013.

1. muzzledelk

muzzledelk Member

So, my first game in PA. It was...
    Er...
    Precisely what I expected from a Pre-pre-alpha thing. Hilarious things, and physics taking a nice vacation to the planet Gibble-Bat-****-IV.

First up:
    THE FIRST PRE-ALPHA SATELLITE!
    [​IMG]
    A bit closer of a look
    [​IMG]

The canyon with and without water!
    [​IMG]

And what happens when I try to build a battleship. Also why we cannot have nice things.
    [​IMG]
    "I christen thee: H.M.S. Preemptive Titanic!"

Well that was my first run with the game, I love it. Everything that I expected to work with the first release did, and the download was gorgeously fast. Nothing lagged at maxed settings, and the units did what I told them. Polishing the edge of my seat for planetary collision physics, so I can see what it's like to fight on a planet being thrown at another planet, with asteroids raining down for good measure. (Multiplayer refused to connect the three times I tried, but I assume that's just because the games were already playing.)

Glitches I found:
    Any more than four land units at once seem to hug each other, grinding their corners against one another for the best path. Probably a pathing thing.

Planes liked to clump together, and swiftly became uncontrollable.

Catapult building does nothing (glitch or feature?)

Commander likes to go on long walks around the planet when I'm not looking directly at him, found him three times at the bottom of the ocean, and twice embedded in the mountain. My sides were sufficiently ruptured from laughter.

The wander move option- IT DAHS NATHIN!

AI didn't spawn.

Planes like to stick to the sides of canyons and glaciers, and tanks like to phase through riverbeds.

Well done Uber, you make me proud. Every dollar($90!) and moment spent, was done with pride. No regrets. For those that want the full album of sillyness: Here you go, you crazy loon, you.

Later on, I plan to post more things like this to illustrate the unfinished nature of the game, and bring any horrifically glaring glitches to light. For science, you see.

(If this is in the wrong place, tell me and/or slap me with a halibut.)
  2. irontony

irontony New Member

Please stop flaming on bugs... this is ALPHA and that means that is NOT finished and BARELY playable. Sorry for caps but there are so many Disclaimers...
  3. Nelec

Nelec Member

He isn't flaming at them, just laughing at them.

Have to admit that titanic bug is hilarious :lol:
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Relax. We have thick skins AND we know we have bugs. :)

And the pre-emptive titanic is my favorite thing I've seen this morning. LOL
  5. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

pre-emptive titanic is amazing :D

I've had fun with land vehicles deciding the ground is perpendicular to the real ground.... so when i tell them to move they start driving into the sky :D. Also the ability to stack buildings on top of each other really helps with saving space ;)
  6. ours99

ours99 New Member

Brilliant. How to make a ship unsinkable? Pre-sink it!
  7. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Should really go in alpha forums.
  8. muzzledelk

muzzledelk Member

This was posted before those existed, I think.