CRAZY LAG ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ermurazor, June 8, 2013.

1. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

Yeah I had stated earlier that updating my drivers solved the Frame rate issues I was having but I was wrong. Still unplayable approximately 20min into game.
  2. nudely

nudely New Member

I had this 5 seconds lag problem too. Also in the game which I programmed I got realy big time problems with vectors(C++) so it could come from the chrono cam if it is programed using a vector.

I hope I could help you finding the problem :3
  3. qjake

qjake New Member

I think I might be able to provide some more information about the lag.

[​IMG]

The lag, for me anyway, only happens when I zoom out to view the whole plant (it basically happens as soon as the icon overlays show for each unit for whatever color your team is). This leads me to believe (from a naïve developer's perspective) that the mipmapping on the game is either not functioning correctly or is not set up at all. The game hits a "ceiling" where it is unable to render all of the obejcts on the screen at one time, and trips itself up, causing lag.

You'll note that on the performance graph above, the lag actually drops the GPU load because the FPS is so low, meanwhile the CPU gets hectic trying to play catch up.

I do have the latest nVidia drivers installed.
  4. xcupx

xcupx Member

The time lag of 10 seconds etc is cause by desynced with chronocam. If you get your chronocam back in sync it will be fixed at least for a little while.
  5. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I turned my shadows off and it doubled my frame rate; from 30-60fps when I 1st start a game and is elevated from 15fps to 30fps during game play. You have to turn the shadows completely off turning to low won't work. I only have a integrated Radeon 7660D so it helped greatly. I turned the texture detail to high and fps seemed to increase slightly, strange bugs. :shock:
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

If you feel like you are behind in time try hitting the "end" key to bring you back to the present. Would love to hear if this is the issue.
  7. nudely

nudely New Member

I think the most people in this thread are talking about a freeze of the hloe game( no respones at the end of the window name) for 10 seconds.......and after that the game is desynced too :3
  8. nudely

nudely New Member

as far as I undestand it a few of them (me included) are having the problem that the hole game freezes( no response (I don't know the corect english translation) in the window title )
  9. lordmd

lordmd Member

I have an old computer. E8400 Dual Core 3Ghz. Radeon 4850 HD (1 GB memory). And 4 GB RAM.

Have not played that much yet. The one multiplayer against 4 others I played started running without lag.

Later in the game it lagged heave like stuttering - even when there were not that much more of my units on the screen - did not build that much... but one of the other players build a lot more I think. Don't know if it takes my CPU or GPU resources even if their units are still not nearby.

... or maybe it was network / server issue. Did not stop until the end when he came with his huge army and wiped me and won.

Settings were at mid / default.

But I'm definitely going to try to play at lower settings. The match was 1 build before the latest.
  10. qjake

qjake New Member

It's not due to the time controls at all, I verified that my game was running in "current" time, it's a performance/rendering issue, there are too many objects being drawn on the screen at the same time, or there is some conversion or transition or something that occurs when you zoom the camera out so that the overlay unit icons appear, that makes the game freeze up and lag terribly.

What might be useful is a debug output that is togglable via an F-key that prints game render/draw/think information on the screen for debugging purposes.
  11. adriaaaaan

adriaaaaan New Member

For me it is currently unplayable, I'm getting around 3fps on a system that can run supreme commander really smooth on high settings. I've set everything to its lowest setting and am running latest drivers. I'm pretty sure its more than powerful enough to run the game. I've attached my dxdiag info but in summary
    core2duo p9500 2.5ghz
    geforce 9800m gts

Yeah, its an old laptop now but it holds it own in most games fairly well until now!

p.s. thanks to the devs for all their hardwork up till now! Really pleased to be a part of this.

Attached Files:

12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There is a thread somewhere were neutrino said that the Gefore 9800 cards have some kind of performance issue which results in very low performance. This might be affecting you. Combined with the fact that the 9800M is probably not very powerful to begin with it might be the explanation of your problems.
  13. spacemike

spacemike New Member

another way to get rid of most of the lag is to zoom up on your commander, it got rid of a lot of lag for me.
  14. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

What seems to be happening for me is that the games does a crazy, frankly ludicrous amount of page faulting. It will freeze up very frequently waiting for, presumably pages of the virtual texture business, to load up. Please don't lock the game up just because the highest res version of the texture isn't loaded in.
  15. Nelec

Nelec Member

Looking at your DxDiag, it seems that your lag may just be because of outdated hardware coupled with an unoptimized alpha.
  16. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

It's also a laptop... which are having serious issues at the present time. I believe Uber is working on this. Something to do with Laptop Graphics Drivers being more difficult to work with than that of desktop PCs.
  17. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

Im running an Alienware M15x with an Nvidia 240m Video Card. I just bought a 460m upgrade today so hopefully when it gets here I'll be able to run things a little more smoothly and actually be able to provide some input. Looking forward to actually being able to play this game 20 minutes in...
  18. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Hit "P" and you'll see we read your mind.
  19. qjake

qjake New Member

Oh, well would you look at that ... very nice. :) Thanks.