My System vs Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Support!' started by umbralreaver, June 8, 2013.

1. xcupx

xcupx Member

That is almost exactly what I have, should be no problem.
  2. greppy

greppy Member

i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    GTX 480
    8GB Ram

I get 60 frames. I get 60 only if I do not make the game full screen. I can stretch the window to my entire (1920x1080) screen, however if I drag the window to the top to maximize it. I drop to 20.
  3. duglum

duglum New Member

Core i7 3770
    16GB RAM
    GTX 670 OC

I seem to be stuck at like 20-30fps... but it runs pretty well so far, only had one crash. :)

I have more Problems with Units getting stuck in the Planet. :lol:
  4. vipar

vipar New Member

Windows 7 x64
    i7 2600k 2.8 GHz
    8 GB ram 1333 Mhz
    HD6970 2 GB

I get lag. A lot of it.
    It's really quite surprising.

Given the simplistic artstyle and all, this game shouldn't take that much. I suspect it's because it's Alpha and won't worry about it.
  5. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

yeah you should be able to run it,the alpha is much more CPU intensive as opposed to graphics.But obviously you still need a good graphics card.But you see where im coming from.
  6. Drarrk

Drarrk New Member

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    Lenovo G570
    Intel Core i5
    6GB RAM
    DirectX 11
    AMD Radeon HD 63000M Series

Can run the game incredibly smoothly on all low settings and it still looks fantastic!
  7. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

[​IMG]
  8. khazar1

khazar1 Member

^this :lol:

i7-3930K @ 4.2GHz
    8GB RAM 1600MHz
    EVGA 780 GTX ACX SC (or Titan 1.1 :twisted: )
    and game runs on SSD.

Game normally runs smoothly at "uber settings" but remember: a lot of the wonkiness is coming from the servers as well, if you as a client don't get information you need or not fast enough, the game will have weird slow downs etc. too and instead of making your cpu etc. spike, they make it's usage go down, because of a timeout in the process(roughly described).

And of course it is alpha and alpha would be laaame without some nice wonkiness. If you mostly get 60 fps and still get weird slow downs etc., don't worry it is not your system, it's the alpha troll! xD :lol:
  9. Nelec

Nelec Member

i5 3570k @ 3.8ghz
    GTX 670 OC 2gb
    16gb Corsair Vengeance
    Gigabyte Z77X-DH3

When I zoom in really close I get solid 60, but as soon I zoom out I get solid 30, really weird.

This is on Uber Settings, and I also enabled FXAA in NVIDIA Control Panel :p
  10. byte01

byte01 Member

ATI vs Nvidia

Started out on my 'normal' computer (iMac2011, Bootcamp on an external SSD):
    ATI Radeon HD 6970M, 1GB RAM
    Intel Core I7 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM

Game was extremely sloppy. Got better after putting settings to low.
    The bigger the window, the sloppier it got, particulary the zooming in / out lead to gfx lag, FPS dropping down to ±5, after a few seconds jumping up to roughly 30 again.
    Shrugged it off to the alpha state.

Then i remembered my old gaming machine, after freeing it fro all the dust i got it running on anotehr old Flatscreen TV @1920x1080.
    Setup is as follows:
    Geforce GTX 285, 2GB RAM
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz, 4GB RAM

Settings set to high, game runs smoothly @50 FPS. Was kinda surprised. Gonna play on this until performance on ATI gets better. Also hoping that the Mac Version, which is my primary hope, is not as sluggish as the Windows version on the ATI card.

Didnt run any particualr performance tests, just starting out with 3 AI's, building base to T2, T2 artillery and stomping the AI, army size certainly not going past 100 units.

Hope someone finds that useful.
  11. penchu

penchu Member

I have 2 systems

first one is for general use and gaming etc

• 3770k - 4.5ghz
      32gb Corsair 1600mhz Vengance ram
      Asus Sabertooth z77 montherboard
      Gtx 670 Gigabyte OC Edition 4GB
      2x OCZ Vertex 4 256 SSD
      2x 4TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Total Price £1800~ if not less including case and other bits that complete a desktop

Game runs flawlessly - not had any performance issues, no frame rate drops or any lag.

I also have a machine I use for data crunching and rendering as a part of my work.

• 2x Intel Xeon E5-2690 at 2.9ghz
      EVGA Classified SR-X - Duel CPU Motherboard
      96GB Corsair 2666MHz Dominator platinum ram
      3x EVGA GTX TITAN SuperClocked Signature 6GB
      1x OCZ z-drive r4 cm88 1.6tb
      4x 4TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD with Raid 1

Total Price £17,600~ at the least including case and other bits that complete a desktop

However I haven't played PA on this as I don't think it will work on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 I am not sure I haven't tried it and I doubt I will seeing as there is no point...

I know I am sad etc etc I hear it a lot... u just jelly
  12. mutschu

mutschu New Member

3x EVGA GTX TITAN SuperClocked Signature 6GB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a Machine
  13. penchu

penchu Member

Amazingly they aren't even the most expensive, one of the processors is 2x titans and the SSD is about 9-10 titans... so yeah

They will be replaced later this year when the Titan family is released and the bar jumps again. at which time they will magically appear in my home PC :eek:
  14. khazar1

khazar1 Member

And apparently you are also very insecure. :lol: Posting a system you don't play PA on and pretty much spamming it in here, with nobody asking you to. (not even mentioning the obvious bragging about the price, which is also helping nobody)

Shall I also mention my BMW X6 or are we going back to posting stuff regarding the PA alpha in the PA alpha forum? :roll:
  15. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

What most of it looks like is that there is no LOD implemented into the game zoom out from the planet and zoom in and you get the same amount of triangles (see tri in the 'p' stats) Zoom out to orbit and you can still see the all the trees as 3d objects with shadows showing and all. If you did camera trickery to look upwards completely into space the frame rate improves massively since it does stop rendering everything in view. I think that a lot of the objects (such as things on the other side of the planet) consistently render even though obstructed?
  16. felipec

felipec Active Member

Thanx to my 9800 gt I'm getting 5 - 7 fps max.. neutrino said that there is a bug in the 9800 series that is responsible for this low frame rate. He said it might be possible to fix so for those using 9800 series, lets wait for the next patchs.
  17. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Laptops with nvidia cards can run this game. I have a quadcore intel i3 but have to select by right clicking to launch the pa launcher file to run with my nvidia instead of my default crap video and it works like a dream
  18. Nelec

Nelec Member

On some livestreams however, I have noticed some textures taking a while to adjust quality if one zooms in too fast, this does not happen to me personally though. Possibly could have been changed in a previous build, not sure.
  19. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

It does seem to stop rendering things offscreen, I noticed texture pop in/out on rotating view to something previously offscreen, (as there is a lower poly count zoomed in than out) but it appears to still be rendering the objects behind the planet (on the other side) which can be noticed if you were to glitch the camera into going beneath the surface there exists barely any noticable difference in poly count.
  20. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Yes sir.