CRAZY LAG ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ermurazor, June 8, 2013.

1. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

I can't even play this game due to the extreme lag.. anyone else experiencing this?
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Can you describe the lag you're experiencing?
  3. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

like mid-late game im getting exremely low fps. I run alot of games fine like Starcraft 2, League of legends, and diablo 3 with no trouble at all.
  4. dusey

dusey New Member

Same here but I assumed it was my computer.
  5. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Make sure you are updated to the LATEST drivers, and I've found running in windowed mode helps alot. It was nigh unplayable this morning but after doing these two things it stays around 60fps.
  6. dslayer5891

dslayer5891 New Member

once a i choose a starting location im stuck at that screen
  7. kiingy

kiingy New Member

Probably not the same situation as OP, but playing from Australia and there being no local servers there is a pretty extreme delay on everything, to the point its next to unplayable.

I understand Alpha is Alpha, though I'm probably going to be sitting out till they release a server client or enable LAN.
  8. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

downloading new video driver.. ill let u all know if it works
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

If you're talking framerate lag, that's one thing. If you're talking frame rate is fine, but units are hitching a lot while moving, this is a known issue and optimization area needed as games get bigger and bigger. It's not 'lag' per se, but the actual simulation having a hard time keeping up with and sending out all the necessary information to players.

Obviously, both are high on our priorities, but just trying to get clarity when discussing problems.
  10. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

hey, updated my drivers to latest version and fixed it totally. give it a shot guys
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I have a pretty good connection here in Malaysia. 5mb/s up and down fiber. But for any command issued it seems that there is almost 4 sec delay. Framerate all good, and I have a good I5 cpu.

Okay the delay seems to be with the EU servers.
    Last edited: June 8, 2013
  12. theskylar

theskylar New Member

I am getting the framerate issue as well. Not sure what it is as my computer is only using 35% cpu and 50% gpu and stuck at 15-20 fps
  13. SirChristoffee

SirChristoffee Member

There seems to be some issues (server side I think) with games once you're 20-30 mins in. Just slows down real bad (I usually just leave the game once it is unplayable). Is this what you guys are experiencing or are you having other problems?

There is another bug that shows it self as some pretty intense lack of responsiveness. We are talking 10-20 second delays depending on your patience. This seems to be fixed if you click on the chromoCam (at the bottom right of game window), play around with the game time then exit it. Seems to kick the game back into gear if this is your issue.

Seeing as "lag" gets used for different issues, people should really clarify if they feel they are having latency issues (time delay on commands, usually depends on how far from the server you are), frame rate issues (choppy visuals) or both.
  14. Limboman

Limboman New Member

I've also been experiencing some pretty huge FPS lag which sounds like what others have described in this thread, I've tried to isolate the factors that cause it and so far I've found:

-It starts happening around 10-20 min into a game

-It seems to happen when moving around the map (middle click and drag) and it also seems to happen when zooming, more often zooming out. The lag seems to kick in at the point the strategic icons appear when zooming out. (possibly related to the number of strategic icons?)

-When it happens the game hangs for anywhere from 10-60 seconds and then normally becomes playable until the next time you try to zoom or drag the map around. I have also noticed that it doesn't seem to happen when zoomed right in (or at least its significantly reduced)

I'm playing from australia if that makes a difference and I've turned the graphics settings to the minimum (as I thought it might simply be that my computer couldn't keep up)

Also when it is lagging my CPU and RAM do not spike however it does seem to be using the disk a bit.
  15. veta

veta Active Member

i get server lag, no problem with FPS - but orders take forever to process
  16. xcupx

xcupx Member

It seems like a problem with chronocam, the server is chugging away at normal speed but the client is slightly slower so over time the "lag" gets worse. if you fast forward to the "end" and then hit play it seems to help but i presume it would eventually get out of sync again.
  17. manyatruenerd

manyatruenerd New Member

It seems pretty bad on EU server at the moment; framerate's really bad right from game start
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Having severe FPS issues - about 2 FPS after about 20 mins in-game.

CPU is only using about 30% max, and GPU is not reporting any problems. I have 8GB of RAM available...
  19. acejames87

acejames87 New Member

I find it ok at start of a game. If i zoom out of planet the game freezes for a while. After about 10 mins of play it taes around 10 secs for a command to actually work. Totally unplayable atm
  20. Dourel

Dourel New Member

This exactly! LOD system goes crazy, and textures load really slow. What I mean is that after zooming out, textures looks like they are not loaded, are black and gray-ish. Changing settings to low helped a little but lag still occurs. Everything updated on my part so I don't know what the case is. Probably Alt-Tabbing cause it but I don't know.

BTW
    570GTX
    i7 2600k
    Game is running on SSD
    4GB RAM