Official Build 49167

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Is there a way to force v-sync off? Doing it via the nVidia control panel does not seem to work and there are no in-game options for it.
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

WHY? Why would you want to turn it off? My 60hz monitor can't handle the FPS my 7850 outputs, FFFFFLLIIICCCKKKERRRING, MY EYES, DEY BURN. Reminds me of those old CRT monitors when looked at through one's peripheral vision.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There is v-sync enabled?

Hmmm, I never went past ~2GB so far even in games big enough to kill the server hard.
  4. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

"PA.exe using ~5.3 GB RAM (out of 16 Gb)"

Really? I have 7Gb (buyed 4 more yesterday <3 ) and it never went past 30-33 % WITH all other stuff like explorer.exe and steam.
  5. nicotinpa

nicotinpa New Member

Well, I have 8 GiG of RAM and even at the start of the game it is 80% full.
    The lag is horrible for me too, didn't thought it would be like that on low Settings on NVidia GTX 275 and I7-2700K 2.5 GHz.

Well I'll have to wait for some optimizations to fully test the alpha :)
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA really does use a lot of VRAM though. After a huge game my card was at 1,8GB used in the mainmenu. Glad I bought the 2GB Version of it a year ago :)
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Buying 4 more gb of ram fixed for me stuttering when zooming out. Thats sick that for some even in start of game uses 80%. Thats impossible, i think.
  8. scartox111

scartox111 New Member

I'm getting the PA.exe stopped working error everytime I hit play. Any ideas please?
  9. anora

anora New Member

80% ram usage is not impossible at this state of the game, its in alpha allot of optimization will be done witch will reduce the games ram consumption, the game it self is not that big on HD, but everything is procedurally generated when it comes to the planets so it will tend to eat up ram allot at first till the optimization comes in.

so far the game dose work well whit minor hiccups which are to be expected
  10. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

In this state the game uses as much as it can, not as much as it needs. The more ram you have, the more the game will use cause its not optimized :mrgreen:
  11. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Not really. I had 3gb ram, used around 1-1,2 gb of ram, I have 7gb now, uses around 1-1,4 gb ram. Game is more smooth, but it doesnt use that much more.
  12. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Any chance of a sticky thread for each upcomming new build (as they come) so we know what to expect? You can just edit it each time?
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You need to change signature ;)
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Uber posts a new thread for each Official Build released.
  15. axios117

axios117 New Member

The new build gives me a Error 126 and now the Alpha will not even start...
  16. mancora

mancora Member

How about a page with a running changelog that would list historic changes and current ones? Maybe listed in a newest on top format?

As the number of fixes increase, I could see it being an issue to keep track of what has been tackled. A thread for each one is nice to comment on, but would be annoying to use to backtrack.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.