Official Build 49167

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Build Notes 49167:

- Large number of server crash fixes (Simulation terminated)
    - You have the ability to choose your default region now in settings (Currently just Europe and America, more coming soon), and quick match by region! Please make use of this!
    - Unit details popup UI added to game
    - You can no longer select enemy units and control them
  2. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Darn, missed out.
  3. KarottenRambo

KarottenRambo Member

That was my favourite feature. :(

I shall refund immediately.
  4. dudymas

dudymas New Member

Well, I tried my darndest to search for "single player" and "sandbox" and still didn't see this reported but...

I can't play "single player" mode? What's happened? Do I have to play a matchmaking game? What?

Let me know if this is a bug... anyone get this? The option for "single player" and "planet editor" are both grayed out.

Very neat, btw. I am sooooo excited for this game!
  5. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

That's what it looked like to me. I ended up just creating a game and starting in immediately. Dumped me into a game with 4 AIs, which was what I wanted.
  6. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Lol, do some reading. These are features that are NOT available at this stage in the alpha, simple as that. You can "single player" btw, the AI's are extremely simplistic and will have some air units and turrets but technically you can play by yourself in a sandbox.
  7. garat

You can still create a server and as soon as you get in the lobby, just start the game. It is our sandbox mode for now.
  8. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

DAMN IT, I had so much fun scouting enemy bases, selecting them, self destructing them, self destructing their com, etc. I'll be one of the few people to say, "back in the day, one could self destruct enemy units". Trololololol, "WTF three of my factories and my commander randomly blew up!" "WTH, all my AA turrets blew up as soon as this scout showed up"
  9. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

have you actually created fourty nine thousand plus iterations of the build already!?

:shock:
  10. garat

Those are checkins, not builds. At some point, we made the arbitrary decision to base the build number of checkin number. So yes, we have had over 49,000 checkins. Though I think that spans more than JUST PA.
  11. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I had a deletary annihilation game with compactdisc, he deleted all of my factories so I deleted his commander, then he found my commander and deleted it.
    In the end I deleted the guy that was left and nobody won. GG :mrgreen:
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Best. Game. EVER.
  13. sacha333

sacha333 New Member

My first impressions:
    -game client starts on i3570K integrated graphics (wasn't expecting that!), successfully switches video mode from low to med to high but similar performance on all (see below),
    -Occasionally stutters & hangs for a couple seconds, occasionally shows moire pattern, esp on moon, rotate & zoom very chunky & chugs game for several seconds afterwards (issue with integrated graphics, I presume)
    -Odd terrain feature, as seen on attached image
    -crawly shadows on top of some tall terrain at morning (see pic)... shadows & headlights are awesome BTW!
    -when it's not stuttering it actually plays reasonably well... tho yes I'm buying a new video card soon
    -controls generally intuitive, but home key rewinds chronocam to beginning rather than centering view on commander like I want it to.
    -PA.exe using ~5.3 GB RAM (out of 16 GB), and ~50% CPU utilization spread over all 4 cores (Intel 3570K OC'd to 4.3 GHz). Plus several other threads soaking up several hundred MB more. All on a game with fairly few units!
    -Didn't crash in 2 hrs of play! Never played an alpha before but that alone is very impressive! Love the way the effects, units and graphics in general are looking. Placeholder sound is better than some "finished" games I've played. Look forward to playing a lot more of this when issues with integrated graphics are fixed (or I finally upgrade, whichever comes first!)

Attached Files:

14. ermurazor

ermurazor New Member

Due to the amount of lag mid-late game.. I can't even play this... depressing.
  15. russtymangoo

russtymangoo New Member

I am to experiencing lag (however that may be due to me being an Aussie), but more a huge FPS drop. About 30 minutes in game fps was hanging around 4-5 fps. Any thoughts? (running Nvidia GTX 460, i7 2.93 GHZ CPU with 16 gig's of ram)
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yeah, over 49000 check ins over the life of our current perforce server, which doesn't go all the way back to the beginning of MNC, does go back way before PA started.

And yes, the icon change was intentional.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

But the green ones were pretty! :) The up arrows on the advanced version was a nice touch too, but I presume there's be more work done on these in later builds.

I'll close the ticket relating to this.
  19. bh18

bh18 Member

pa.exe has stopped working.

Is what I get every time I try to start a game! Solutions please?!
  20. kingmako30

kingmako30 New Member

I'm getting the exact same thing. Not once have I clicked "Play" and it worked. So I'm one of the people who have purchased the alpha, yet I am unable to play it. :|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.