Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

Every hour there will be 1000 keys sent. There are 8000+ alpha keys, 6000+ left. In maximum 8 hours you should have the key, but I think much earlier.

The developers are in PDT time zone: http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... a/pdt.html
  2. lordmd

lordmd Member

Holy ****... posted my last post here few minutes ago. Checked some other website(forums) I'm reading often. Checked Thunderbird and...

mail arrived shortly after I made my last post here. Ha ha.

90$ backer PayPal few days after Kickstarter ended(to be exact: Septembre 15th 2012, 17:52 German timezone via PayPal I paid). 20:31 (8 PM) German timezone mail arrived.
  3. k4trix

k4trix Member

Got it now, early backer PURCHASE DATE
    01/11/2012
  4. anora

anora New Member

one of my friends that donated to the kickstarter as noticed something, originally all that donated on the kick starter were going to get alpha accesses now its all the tiers of 90$+
    whats up whit that?
  5. backyardsniper

backyardsniper New Member

Still nothing here. I'm checking my inbox every half hour or so, and it's getting a bit OCD, hehe.
  6. Asterisk135

Asterisk135 Member

I may have misspoken earlier. To clarify: I didn't mean to suggest that you have to have a lot of money to provide feedback, merely that there has to be some way of limiting the number of players (that said, if that was the intention, it hasn't worked very well :))

As I understand it, the original kickstarter backers were the ones who literally made the game possible (when it was make or break). Even back then alpha access was still at $90. If Uber reduced the price for alpha afterwards, they would be reducing the exclusivity and relative value of the kickstarter rewards. Uber set a precedent for themselves when they set it at that price. It would be like letting the Steam early access users only have to pay $40. I agree that the price is steep, but they can hardly change it now...

I also didn't mean to say that Uber should only listen to backers. After all there are other ways to give them feedback. When the beta comes out there'll be plenty to do, and if that's still too costly, then there's always the forums. If you have any ideas or suggestions, then you can get other people's opinions. Maybe if it's good enough, the Devs will use it.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I could be wrong. Nevertheless, there it is.
  7. andreaslv99

andreaslv99 New Member

I just bought my alpha access last minute (I think :p), does that mean that I will be one the last one to get the key (Do I even get my key lol?)?

The FAQ. needs to be updated lol, I have soo many questions.
  8. ploptops

ploptops New Member

you will get it soon.
  9. backyardsniper

Nearly midnight here. Guess I won't be playing it until tomorrow afternoon, which is too bad as I was really curious to see how it would run after seeing some stream recordings.
  10. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Im in the same boat bro no key :(
  11. stonesand

stonesand New Member

I'm in! Crazy buggy, as expected, but very fun and a tremendous achievement considering how much time they have had! Good job Uber! Mavor for president!
  12. blizz003

blizz003 New Member

so sad... still no key... maybe tomorrow?
  13. backyardsniper

I wonder if having upgraded through the store placed me lower in the queue or something weird like that.
  14. uberwarrior3

uberwarrior3 New Member

Still waiting for my alpha key too.. hopefully tonight or tommorow. :D
  15. hoserama

hoserama New Member

still waiting here too... :(

just got mine!
    Last edited: June 8, 2013
  16. arnick

arnick New Member

Just glad I didn't stay up too late last night/ this morning. Had work today. Would have been miffed if I stayed up later, seeing as I've not gotten mine yet either. Rofl. I patiently look forward to it as well. Game looks awesome so far from what I've seen of the vids and confirmed content. Thank you guys kindly, for making another RTS similar to your previous. More so, on a planetary scale! Always wanted to play a game on this level. So much win. :twisted:
  17. thingdeux

thingdeux New Member

This is my guess too, It's also been quiet on the Alpha front for me but I just upgraded yesterday.
  18. lokvokun

lokvokun New Member

I guess I don't quite grasp how fair this is, how Am I seeing multiple news sources indicating PA is fully live for Alpha, if I and a new of my friends lacks keys when we more then paid our share for a piece?

How can we be told its going live today, and not get a key?
  19. mantaza

mantaza New Member

Hmm no key for me aswell...
    Kinda frustrating but seems like i have to wait til tomorrow.
    I hope when i wake up and check my e-mails i wont be dissapointed :p
  20. soldans

soldans Member

I just won a game! :shock: