This alpha is awesome !

Discussion in 'Support!' started by doud, June 7, 2013.

1. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Ok there are bugs, slowdowns, but frankly i did not expect to get this quality of software in an alpha version. Congrats !
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Re: This alpha is awsome !

Thanks doud. All we see are the flaws.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Re: This alpha is awsome !

I'm really impressed as well. Especially with the number of changes and improvements that have been added in the last couple of days.

Not to mention that I'm happy that I can watch another Uber game grow from alpha to release. I have fond memories of the SMNC alpha.

Turn that frown upside down!
  4. theskylar

theskylar New Member

You guys built this from the ground up in a matter of months. Its very impressive to be able to get to this point. You guys need to pat yourself on the back. Its really coming together.
  5. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Seriously. I can't believe a raw alpha actually runs on my Core2Duo (although the chop has motivated me to upgrade sooner than later).

This seems about as feature complete as TA was when it came out. If we only have more to look forward to, this is going to be an incredible experience, and I'm glad we could all share it!
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It's going to get more awesome week in and week out.
    knickles likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

+1
    awesome alpha, awesome work Uber!
  8. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

I certainly did not expect the alpha to be as playable as it is.

It's also extremely fun to play, I am very impressed. Nice work all of you!
  9. bobc7

bobc7 New Member

From the Land Downunder, and an original TA freak, this game has some seriously big shoes to fill. You guys have done an absolutely awesome job. Far exceeded my expectationms for an alpha, I'm so glad I "kickstarted". Well done and I can see this becoming the true sucessor to TA and I don't say that lightly. :geek:
  10. Consili

Consili Member

I'll add my sentiments to the others in this thread. I have just downloaded the alpha and played with it for a few hours. I was seriously impressed with the performance and stability I have seen so far. It is of course far from complete, but it is so damn good! I expected random crashes and I have not yet encountered one.

Talk about a smooth start to an alpha Uber, you should be proud of what you have managed to put together within such a small time frame : D
  11. hitorque

hitorque New Member

Well, I can only echo what the OP and the others have said. Having played TA since the Boneyard days and being mildly disappointed with SupCom, THIS is the game I have been looking forward to for the better part of a decade.

You guys are absolutely awesome for staying true to the goals you stated on the kickstarter and you will always have my undying love and gratitude for building a better and updated successor to TA and not some jacked up "re-imagining".

On a side note, I see a lot of people complaining about hardware...I have a two year old Asus Gaming laptop (i7 @ 1.8Ghz, ATI HD 5800) with settings on Ultra with very few slowdowns. Although granted, I have not seen many huge battles yet. The alpha runs very well, better that several other alphas I am playing like Kerbal Space Program.

Thank you guys!
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Slowdowns and most stuttering are related to the servers, not the clients. So our hardware cannot do anything about it.
  13. cardboardboxpro

cardboardboxpro Member

I wish I could zoom in farther on the tiny units lol.
  14. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Yay F$#king Great guys, Even looks good on medium graphics settings.
    I will be blowing stuff up all weekend.
    Its fun playing game with all the glitches, you can make it do weird sh!#t
    :mrgreen:
  15. Littletiger

Littletiger New Member

Music is epic and its only going to get better :)
  16. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

The game runs great for the most part. I only have a 1v1 with someone just now and Im not sure about him but I built a giant base with lots and lots of stuff and I got lag later on when I zoomed out. But this started when I started to expand outward from my starting area as it seems the icons that show up for units really tax the system.

One thing to critique is that the Commander may not have enough health. I sent in a sizable force of Bots both tier 1 and 2 and the Enemies commanders health just evaporated and my tanks didnt even make it to the battle, heck I haddent even sent over my force of air over to the battle. It was just over in like 15-20 seconds once the bots arrived.

I think that a lot of things need more health but this was a great start and im looking forward to the many improvements and finally getting my commander off into space. Edit: As in the moon.
  17. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

The unit pathing is pretty great, first couple of times I was wary and watched but what I saw gave me confidence in their ability to not get stuck stupidly.

It's pretty damn fun and it's only barely in alpha, can't wait till it's finished!
  18. tomandresen

tomandresen New Member

Just downloaded the alpha and played a few games.

I've always been heavily biased towards naval and air combat in TA and Supcom, but I found the ground combat in this to be very very enjoyable despite the occasional unit getting stuck in water or falling down a ravine. Watching units duking it out, and the resulting nice oomphy explosions, is a blast (pun intended). I consider this a pretty good sign that you guys at Uber have the core gameplay pretty much nailed.
  19. TotallyBananass

TotallyBananass New Member

I do software development at work - i am surprized as well how decent this is for an alpha. Great work team! Can't wait to see how the iterations clean things up :)
  20. thaplague

thaplague Member

I'm loving the Alpha. Bugs are fun and I have a new strategy; build where they can't find you...

Attached Files: