Ohm's Extended Look @ PA Alpha Build on Youtube

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Ohmwrecker, June 6, 2013.

1. Ohmwrecker

Ohmwrecker New Member

Hey guys, I've uploaded an extended look at the alpha build that went out to Kickstarters this week. It features two other players, and one AI, and runs pretty long at just about an hour. I hope you guys enjoy, feel free to share the link around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzglzeTR2yM
  2. Baleur

Baleur Member

I gave up on the awful twitch streams a minute ago.
    Thank god someone with a voice finally made a PA video.

Edit: dude you're video makes the game look three times as good as the twitch streams up so far.
    What's your system specs?
  3. insanityoo

insanityoo Member

Pretty good vid, but I got a bad case of arm-chair commander. Among other things, your enemy could shell you outside of LOS because he had radar coverage; something you built once, then completely forgot about. :p
  4. Ohmwrecker

Ohmwrecker New Member

Thanks! I'm not sure radar would have helped all that much though given how targeting is bugged at the moment. Hopefully that's in the short list of things to fix sooner rather than later. :)
  5. Ohmwrecker

Ohmwrecker New Member

Any other comments / feedback folks? Is there anything that hasn't been shown yet that you'd like to see?
  6. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

im curious about those metal spots on the ground, do they give your extractors more metal or is it just the art for it at the moment & they will be done later?

Are (k?)bots not in yet? Everyone seems to be using air & tanks.

thanks for the upload btw, was really good. Very informative, showed/ explained how pretty much everything worked.

naval units seemed pretty weak though.
  7. Ohmwrecker

Ohmwrecker New Member

As far as I know from the games I've played thus far there aren't any areas that offer more metal, so it's best to place extractors anywhere. Bots are an option yes, I haven't explored that tree fully yet though. Thanks for the feedback, and yes, naval units did seem pretty weak.
  8. SirChristoffee

SirChristoffee Member

I already playing alpha myself, but I couldn't help but notice you and your legendary name.

Oh mighty one of useful graphs and tables for mechwarrior online!

Glad to have you on board here, alas I have lost faith in piranha games. If you are planning to I can't wait to see what useful resources you might provide this community (you might be interested in spicing up the wiki). Alternatively, I suppose you could just enjoy playing the game yourself :roll: .