ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. DarkraiOfDoom

DarkraiOfDoom New Member

nah, we get it before steam

it's just at the end of the list =[
  2. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

It't kinda weird I backed them via their own store cause I think its a waist of money that 10% of the backed money goes to Kickstarter and Amazone. Thats more than 200K :p not going to uber

I didn't know thy would release the alpha in backers order and that kickstarter backers would go first :?
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  3. thaplague

thaplague Member

Being annoyed doesn't make sense to me so that is why I ask "why." They are doing all they can so just be patient. You will hopefully be able to play it tomorrow and will forget all about this. Just watch youtube videos on it.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think the logic behind it is that, without the Kickstarter backers, the project would never have got off the ground in the first place!
  5. BallsonFire

I know but when I found out the already reached their goal. most of the time with a project like this the project owner will make it possible after reaching their goal to back them with money directly. I that case I like to back them directly so all the money goes tho them instead a percentage goes to third party's.

Does that make sense?
  6. canuckbomb

canuckbomb New Member

Although I wasn't lucky
    enough to get a key

I know I work the next four days
    and once I find I'm free

I'll have a batch of time
    a nice 4 day vacation

With Ketel One inside me
    Planetary Annihilation
  7. thaplague

thaplague Member

It's 5% not 10% going to Kickstarter and there is nothing wrong with some money going to Kickstarter. They generated quite a bit of money through Kickstarter and 110k is worth the 2 million+ they got. I am sure it also brought business to their uber store and Kickstarter helps many great projects so I don't have a problem with some extra money going to them.
  8. BallsonFire

@thaplague if you read it correctly I also mentioned Amazone as the payment is proced by Amazone they take % 3-5 + kickstarter 5% can add up to 10%
  9. canuckbomb

canuckbomb New Member

I'm not particularly sure why it bothers anyone that the crowdsourcing services used take a cut. Kickstarter especially provides a great opportunity to have a means of gauging interest in a concept that includes convenient billing should ones targets be met on a platform that is known, trusted, and kind of a buzzword for generating publicity. That they charge a percentage means they can keep providing the same service to anyone, from small theatre groups trying to fund local shows to development companies making multimillion dollar projects.

I mean if it wasn't for that, the developers would have had to invest a bunch up front for a concept that they weren't even sure would have the support they need to create it. Those that jumped on the bandwagon, although a portion of what they put forward did end up with Kickstarter, not only provided the investment but confirmed that this was something that many wanted to make happen. The fact that Kickstarter and Amazone were available to test the waters made it low risk for them to find out.

These are all good things.

Edit: Weeow, grammar to the winds.
  10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I see where you're coming from and it's a valid argument. No matter how they do it, they seem to expect that all Alpha backers will have it in their hands by the end of today, so I'm not too concerned :) I've been able to 'watch over the shoulder' of people who already have access via screensharing so I've been quite happy :)
  11. thaplague

thaplague Member

I must have read that incorrectly, after a little research you are correct Amazon takes 5% as well but that doesn't change my point.
  12. BallsonFire

I'm not against kickstarter but I like to back indie developer directly if I can thats all. If Uber didnt had a store to per-order PA I would have backed it via kickstarter.

Kickstarter is already doing quite well I believe, and it a good way for crowd funding. But if I have the possibility to back directly i do that.
  13. BallsonFire

@cwarner7264

Who seem to expect that? and hey would Uber delay the steam release by 6 days if every pre-order will get alpha today? that doesn't make sense. I think the delay the steam release because the expect still rolling out the alpha to per-orders till early next week (till Wednesday). they are not rushing the roll out so everyone can play the alpha during the weekend. At least don't expect that!
  14. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

The developers said so budy, but remember time zones, it's 1 am where they are.
    http://www.uberent.com/pa/2013/06/06/al ... t-started/
    So they have only given out 1600 so far, a couple thousand people still waiting ;)
  15. BallsonFire

I'm sorry I didn't know that I only search the forums :p. But I'm still setting my expectation low on receiving a key this weekend cause I don't wanna get hurt again ;) and there can be some unexpected problems as that happened before to
  16. gurfx

gurfx New Member

I'm not so happy, or I'm misreading
    So wait are we giving more batches out tomorrow or early next week
    If its next week, that's unfair... some backers already got there game now the rest of us have to wait...
    You did say final touches are un-stabilizing the build but i do not even care one bit if the game is being buggy, this game does have an updater right? if so then you can just update the game slowly as you fix more and more bugs, so please give out the last batches by tomorrow or tonight a lot of people would love to play
    Thanks
    -GurfX
  17. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Nothing annoys people more than goal posts moving at the last minute, but if they just said **** it and fired out 8000+ keys in one go no one would be able to play it at all as everything would fall over.

Mavor said he would like to get all the keys out in the morning, but personally I would be surprised if I got a key today. Going by the speed of release so far.

I think in future it would be wise for devs to over estimate times and surprise people with early releases rather than disappoint them with delays.

Its alpha tho so smooth sailing is not the name of the game.
  18. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

C'mon guys...you WILL get your alpha access, you WILL get it before steam early access and you WILL be able to play the game within couple of days in an early alpha stage months before it even will be launched?!!!

of course i am also overusing my f5 key as everyone else but what does a random sequence of letters and numbers help us, if the server crashes under the constant attack of roughly 7K peoples trying to download or play the gmae? then the real whining would start.... and do not complain about unfairness that some are able to test the game already (thats about the main reason for alpha!) and some not (yet).

just calm down and be happy that you can be part in all of this! Uber is doing a great job, they're increddible transparent to the're work and absolutley passionate. dont bother them with whining and complaining and make them turtle or even regrett they're open mindness
  19. feyder

feyder Member

I only today verified my email address =/ I backed quite early like first couple of days and backed $90, will the lateness of my verified email address affect me?

Sorry to be one of the people constantly asking about Alpha but I don't want to miss out.
    Thanks
  20. cptwhite

cptwhite New Member

Feyder...me too, didn't realise I hadn't varified :(

Hopefully it won't have caused a problem as it's surely automatically amending a database, they probably just skip over the unvarified addresses, if at all.