Command Line Support for Dedicated Servers Update 3 Features

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 21, 2010.

1. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

That's a very important question.
  2. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Very cool thanks for the patch and all the hard work.

I think this game is going to be pretty solid once it releases

like the admin controls they where needed badly

Also I see now the lobby shows the right map being played .
  3. kabraxisx

kabraxisx New Member

I added the password, tried to log in and kick someone. Didn't work.
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Worked perfectly for me though.
  5. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

The banning system works perfectly, thank you!

A request I would like to make regarding it is the following:
    - Upon map-travel (lobby to match, match to lobby) re-read the BannedIDs and IPPolicies array from the INI file.

Note that I have no clue if you can even force this from within UnrealScript, but it would certainly make MyMNCServer more usefull after I added an "automatic ban update" feature.
  6. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I would like to bring one thing up as you work on getting the dedicated server to not have to depend on steam and give us the ability run one more than one server.

1. The ini settings that are changable need to be placed in the root directory of the game server install .

2. Most of the settings for game server name , rounds etc need to be able to made in a file in the game servers root.

This would make it much easier to set things up to run under Tcadmin .

Thanks for all you have done thus far .
  7. Savage

Savage New Member

Agreed. I have the resources to host half a dozen MNC servers on a pair of dual quad core monsters on both the east and west coast, but I need to be able to set things up to run using TCadmin as well.

To give you guys full-bore support, PC server operators essentially just need:

1. A stand-alone server client (that does not require a steam client to be running, etc.) that can be configured to run from a command line.

2. An extensible interface that allows server operators to build/utilize tools to control server configs, kicks/bans, etc. Something that would allow a web-based system similar to sourcebans (http://www.sourcebans.net/) would be ideal for those of us who host multiple servers (our stable stands at over 30 various game servers at the moment).

3. An easy update tool (something similar in functionality to how the hldsupdatetool works for source-based games).

Our community is pretty excited about MNC finally coming to the PC, and I hope we'll be provided with those few tools that will allow us to put our hardware fully behind the game.
  8. do0t

do0t New Member

HLDS is a fair example, just not based on UT3. Dedicated server support without the need to run steam. Can update with ease.

9. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I will have to double ditto that , I already have about 10 people asking me for servers. I have to be able run this using tcadmin .

I also have multi-server boxes to host with .
  10. Choc_Salties

Choc_Salties New Member

Same on the hosting side of things, for me. Due to crazy bandwidth restrictions and ping issues in my region (southern Africa) it would be awesome sauce if we could get independent dedicated server files...
  11. Karnage

Karnage New Member

I would like to triple ditto this as i also run with TCAdmin and am still trying to work out how to run multiple servers for us EU folk and using the current work around does not seem to work for me :(

12. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Anyone figure out what's with the server loading screen hang? Still can't find a solution.
  13. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Been working on that for some others.

what os system are you running .
  14. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

I'm running win7 64 bit, as is the server I'm trying to connect to is as well.

Clarification: I'm not running the server, my friend is, but we've been going at trying to find a fix for hours, no progress yet.
  15. Haxim

Haxim Member

Yeah, still getting this myself even after the most recent update.
  16. Savage

Savage New Member

Something of note that I read today was that the Natural Selection 2 guys were able to (with Valve's assistance) get the HLDSUpdateTool working with their dedicated server install (even though it is not a Source-based engine). I hope the MNC guys can get something similar, as it's pretty much the easiest tool out there for keeping servers updated.

One other thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is the subject of Reserved slots. Are they possible with MNC? If so, will they be implemented in such a way to allow all slots to be used for public players unless/until a slot holder tries to jump in a game?
  17. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

IIRC MNC is on the Unreal3 engine which should support a reserve slot plugin.

What I'd also like to see is a specific way to get the server binaries. I don't want to upload the game via FTP to my server box, my upload isn't fast enough to do that.

Once these servers become stable, my community/clan will have probably 2 servers up. If we don't see stable servers and an easy way to set them up/maintain them (easy way to update, rcon tools, ingame admin, reserve slots)... then it'll be hard to get people to agree with me setting servers up and they probably won't stay up.

This game seems really fun so far, please make it more fun and give us this wonderful PC experience with great dedi software.
  18. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Is there functionality to allow an administrator to use the other console commands in game?

I'd like to be able to disable my HUD, use the debug camera, etc, while on my own dedicated server so I can take screenshots and general playtesting shenanigans when the editor is released.
  19. Xelles

Xelles New Member

I would like a (command line) feature where you can kick players from a server if you're a admin, without being in the server itself. This, because if me and my friends want to play a game, our server is most of the times full already. We are now restarting the server so that we can play a game. While it would be less rough to only remove like 3 players from the server to make room for us.

Another feature which is related to this (or could be used in stead off), would be the ability to reserve some spots on the server. Like to have 10/12 spots open and assign the other 2 spots to people with special steam names or something.

Do commands like this work? (As someone else asked already). As that would be very nice.
    I'm also not sure what the NumPrivateConnections=0 parameter does. Can you enable some kind of reserved spots with this as well?

Maybe that a functionality like this exists already. I would be very happy to hear about it then.
  20. MATPHAT

MATPHAT New Member

I'm really surprised, considering that this is obviously supposed to be a pretty popular game, that the dedicated server doesn't have a more robust interface/options/support.

Am I missing something, or did Uber assume we would be hosting, but not care if we had the power to host properly?