Read access to the alpha forum would be fun.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by paprototype, June 6, 2013.

1. paprototype

paprototype Member

Read access to the alpha forum for the (early) backers would be fun because then it would feel more like we are on the same journey.

I would like to read the bug reports to find out what has been noticed thus far or what might already have been patched, etc etc. (the bugs I will never have to be able to experience .. boeheoe)

And I have nothing to read at the backer/general forum atm :)
  2. wemlock

wemlock Member

why would we need that by the end of tomorrow we all will have access to that forum as backers.
  3. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Not everyone, i bet some only paid for beta.
  4. wemlock

wemlock Member

oh yes i forgot they had a beta backing tier, well for them then i guess it would be good
  5. knox283

knox283 New Member

I'm in the alpha and for some reason I can't access the alpha forums :(
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Send PM to garat or somebody else of Uber staff.
    They will fix that.
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Please make sure that you have activated your key in the store. If you can play the alpha and still have no access you should PM Garat.
  8. albanuche

albanuche Member

I agree with that. I would like to be able to read the Alpha forum, even though I just bought the Beta package.
    But perhaps Uber thinks reading the Alpha forum has to be some kind of reward for those who paid for an Alpha access? Although frustrated, I would understand that.
  9. Col_Jessep

One of the reasons the alpha forum is not public is that it contains mostly bug reports. If it was public Google and the other search engine crawlers would just catalogue all the pictures and videos of bugs.

The next reason is that we don't want to read people about a bug and then start a discussion about it in the public forum. And yes, that would happen all the time. I would like to remind you of the 'Pre-Discussion' thread on a live stream that had not happened. ;)

The idea is to have a small, dedicated group of fans test the alpha. That way Uber can focus more on working on PA. I understand that you are very excited about PA but it is in the best interest of the community and the game to streamline the alpha as much as possible.

I would also like to point out that the forum contains 95% bug reports and is quite boring to read unless you really enjoy reading the adverse effects of prescription medicine. Actually, that might be a lot more interesting. :lol:
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am still totally for, if possible, allowing read-only posting-denied access to backers for beta and up.
  11. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Yeah, reading about bugs people have found would be lots of fun /sarcasm

Didn't you read this?

12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Other alpha, beta, and even backers of the early preorder, wouldn't be PUBLIC. Either way, then f*** everyone else and let me in, I did nothing wrong >.>
  13. Col_Jessep

I'm so glad to see your concern for your fellow backers. Heartwarming really.