Steam keys tomorrow for kickstarters? 50 dollar tier

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by heyhellowhatsnew, June 6, 2013.

1. heyhellowhatsnew

heyhellowhatsnew New Member

Hi! I did the 50 dollar tier on kickstarter and it says beta access. However, the game is on Steam and i'm sure it's not going to be 50 or 100 dollars to buy the game tomorrow and be able to play it.

What i'm asking is this, am I going to get my key tomorrow? Or will I seriously have to wait until September to play? If so, it seems like I was an idiot to pay 50 dollars and kickstart it while people will be able to play on Steam tomorrow with a cheaper buy in. If you posted those tiers from your site: 90 dollars to play alpha; you're going to get skewered alive on the forums and turn off a lot of general steam fans.

Thanks!
  2. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

The version on steam is the PA Alpha for $90 (same cost as alpha on the kickstarter) only it's without the extra's you get from kickstarting it. If you have the $50 beta then you will get access in September along with all the other beta backers. The $50 level did include a couple of extra exclusive commanders unlike the steam version.

If you want alpha access you will only need to pay another $20 if you go to the uber store.

That's as far as i was aware anyway.
  3. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Only the $90 tier (kickstarter or preorder or steam) will get you alpha access. Access on steam costs $90, not sure why you would assume different.
  4. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

heyhellowhatsnew, people that are getting their key now are not "playing" the game.

They are not even testing it.

They get a view of the current status of the game and by miracle it happen that they can foll around a little with it.
    The game will not be finished before December !

=> Learn what Alpha & Beta mean :)
  5. khazar1

khazar1 Member

But as soon as beta balancing is being worked on the devs will force us to actually play serious. :lol:
  6. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

*redacted*
    Last edited: June 6, 2013
  7. Cyberboss

Cyberboss New Member

Where did you get this idea?
  8. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Edit:

You know what? I might have read that 2nd post wrong assuming he was talking about kickstarter bonuses rather than the current line-up of store bonuses(which ought to be available for Steam early access).

Yeah, never-mind, can't find any official comment on the subject anyway.