Alpha gameplay: first runthrough

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, June 6, 2013.

1. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

well that explains it, looking forward to seeing the vids when they're done.
  2. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Ouch, the old computer sleeps problem... I'll be looking forward to seeing it ... when I get up tomorrow morning.

Couldn't you upload one at a time to get us content more quickly? If FA engineer blobs taught us anything, it's that single manufacturing is better than parallel manufacturing. Even from a channel growth perspective, you'll probably get more interest if you stagger the rate at which you upload your videos, instead of doing them one by one.
  3. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

Since I got a ton of messages asking if I could upload them one at the time I had to make a difficult decision.

I'm uploading the FFA battle first. this is because it has action almost right away, since my starting position is quite close to one of the enemies.

The FFA video: http://youtu.be/KXICWoDm76A
    ETA: 5 hours

This means that the folks from Europe can see it when they get out of work today. The folks in the US can watch it whilst eating their afternoon soup!

:p

I'm still sorry about how this whole ordeal went. You guys should have been able to watch the first vid hours ago. Terribly sorry.
  4. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

the folks in Australia can watch it at 11pm.. yay! haha better than having to wait till tomorrow though and don't worry about it, could have happened to anyone, i'm just glad that someone is uploading some vids.
  5. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Honestly...I don't really care.

You shot some videos of Alpha footage and tried your best to get them to us.

Even if the upload didn't work at first, You are still several levels of awesome :D
  6. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

on another note, what recording software do you use & what would you recommend?
  7. thekiller666

I use Fraps, and I let it record at 60fps on 1080p quality. PA doesn't reach that level of fps yet though. Recording on this quality will take a toll on your gpu though. So make sure your rig is up for it. You also need a lot of HDD space. Raw video data of a 30 minute match will be about 100GB. With windows movie maker you can convert it to a playable size of around 2 GB.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I believe he uses Fraps, I use OBS. Both work equally well in my experience! Just a slightly different user interface. And I believe one is supposed to pay for Fraps...

EDIT: Apparently we are in sync. Both replied at exactly the same time...
  9. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

yeah there is a limited free version of fraps but i was more interested in fining out if there was something with more functionality than that & free. haha So OBS sounds like it.
  10. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

cannot believe no one else uploaded a video yet... twitch.tv doesn't work at work ...
  11. thekiller666

Be patient my friend, youtube says the video will be ready in about 3 hours. It's very action filled. I'm so close to an enemy, that the t1 artillery from my base is shelling his base!
  12. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

easier said than done ;) well, maybe I'll try to work at least. Better watch it with Sound on at home :D
  13. khazar1

khazar1 Member

ProTip for the uploader:
    Upload first, advertise later.

You are not TotalBiscuit and you apparently do not have a gbit Internet. So don't do it. ^^
  14. cwarner7264

That was my fault I'm afraid. I was (still am) giddy with excitement over the whole thing and got the_killer to upload ASAP, and had to tell the world.

Noted - less regressing back to my five-year-old self for next time.
  15. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Bad kiddy! :lol:
    It is fine if you know the people but if you don't we'll just be uncertain and unable to communicate directly with you guys. We are all in the same boat but this here is still kind of a public place you know man.. dude... Kiddy :twisted:
  16. cwarner7264

17. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

Thanks for persevering in uploading the video guys, that was well worth the wait, I know it crashed and there were a few frame issues but still that's the first proper footage of the game I've seen do far and it looks pretty good for an Alpha from where I'm sitting.

Looking forward to your original unboxing video when it finally gets up :)
  18. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

That was a great watch. The commenter has a great voice.
  19. cwarner7264