Alpha gameplay: first runthrough

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, June 6, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Hi all,

We recorded our first experiences with the Alpha - about as close as you can get to unboxing!

Here's the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buu9e-CQU1U

If you'd like to take part in similar streams in the future, take a look at the link in my signature - we're an online gaming community with a budding PA base already, and plenty of active RTS players for you to get stuck in with!

==

EDIT: We had some minor technical issues as you'll see further down in the thread. The above mentioned video is still in the pipeline, but we have another video with some more action in it on the way - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXICWoDm76A The unboxing video will be uploaded on our channel in due course!

(EDIT2 - the 'unboxing' video is now in the right place above!)
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Cool. Still processing but I can't wait to see (and hear) this digital unboxing. :lol:
  3. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

Still processing but that hasn't stopped it already gaining two likes :lol:
  4. mkultr4

mkultr4 Member

I think you need to reupload it...it shouldn't take this long to process.
  5. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

I'm uploading it right now, it's a large file. I record at 1080p, and make the vids at that quality as well. The video size is 1.81 GB.

As of this moment it is at 41% uploading. Youtube estimates the video to be ready in 3 hours from this moment.
  6. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

What's the running time of the video thekiller666?
  7. pheagey

pheagey Member

1.8Gb 1080p Rick Roll comin' right up...
  8. thekiller666

35 glorious minutes of me in 'single' player. Building the structures, checking out the units.

I've got more videos coming up. One of them is a 1v1 of me vs one of the Uber employees. His name is BGOLUS.

Another video is of a 3 person FFA. In which one of the enemies spaws quite close to me. So action right from the start!

The average running time of an alpha match seems to be 30 minutes. Then either 1 of the parties has one, or the client crashes.

ETA on the first video: 120 minutes.
  9. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

Oooh looking forward to this :D
  10. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

This is why I always upload my videos at night, so I don't have to take up the family internet :)

I'm gonna wait until I get the client to expose myself, but I'll watch it tomorrow. Thanks for the footage! Actually, once I get my mic in working order, I might challenge you to a round or two... :)
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Get ready to watch me crush killer666 ... for a little while before he starts fighting back and wipes me out.
  12. thekiller666

Well, you are a member of Realm, and have access to the Teamspeak. Why don't we make some videos playing against each other?

I'm currently uploading 3 videos.

First Runthrough
    Chris and the_killer take their first look at PA in a relaxed 'single' player game.
    Length: 35 minutes. Youtube ETA: 101 minutes.

[EDIT: removed dead link

Devs VS fans
    In this exiting 1vs1 we have Uber employee BGOLUS up against Realm member the_killer.
    Length: 44 minutes. Youtube ETA: 680 minutes.

Free for all battle
    In this exiting Free For All battle we have two enthusiastic PA fans up against Realm member the_killer. the_killer and another member find out that they chose their starting positions right next to each other. What will be the outcome of this close quarters battle?
    Length: 34 minutes. Youtube ETA: 865 minutes.

Why does it take so long? Because the files are in the GigaBites. This is because I record and produce movies at 1080p.

I'm going to bed now. I'll see you guys in a few hours!

EDIT:Uploading the videos in sequence now. The FFA first, check the first post.
    Last edited: June 6, 2013
  13. kmike13

kmike13 Member

looking forward to seeing some multiplayer battles!
  14. sab0t

sab0t Member

i bet i can die way faster than you
  15. RandomMashMello

RandomMashMello New Member

For some reason i can't watch the video, can you check to see if it is enabled on mobile devices?

(btw im on ipad)
  16. lordmd

lordmd Member

*$&&%/" YouTube... still processing... wtf?

So what's in this video? I think I saw 2 names mentioned? Did you play multiplayer? Cause all the singleplayer streams yesterday seemed boring with AI not working.

I want to see some weapons in action and commanders explode.

Edit: Also what means "Realm member"? Realm is a clan/guild?
  17. cwarner7264

It's not finished doing whatever YouTube is doing yet. As you can see the_killer had rather a late night of it last night, so we'll have to wait for him to wake up and let us know if it's all gone wrong or whether it's just because he was uploading three videos at once!
  18. cwarner7264

There were two names, myself (TheWrongCat) and the_killer - I was watching via a screenshare and talking over his shoulder the whole time for the first one! It was against AI because matchmaking was... a little off. It's literally us seeing the game for the first time and exploring the units and stuff in it.

The other two I wasn't present for because the connection died!

The Realm is a gaming community of which I'm the head honcho - there's a link in my signature if you're interested!
  19. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

all 3 vids have been removed.. apparnetly by the users... :/
  20. thekiller666

I'm terribly sorry and ashamed guys. :oops: :S

When I went to bed this morning at 6 am. I left my pc on to work on the uploads. However, my pc decided to go into sleep mode as well. Which interrupted the uploads. Which means that I had to start uploading all over again. :evil:

Since I'm uploading 3 vids at the same time, it is going to be a while before they are on-line.

Youtube gives me quite high estimations of the ETA. So don't hold your breath.

First Runthrough: [EDIT: removed dead link
    ETA: 600 minutes. (10 hours from now....)

Devs vs Fans: [EDIT: removed dead link
    ETA 1040 minutes ( 17 hours from now)

FFA Battle: [EDIT: removed dead link
    ETA 1040 minutes (17 hours from now)

Once again, my apologies if someone waited in vain. It won't happen again, I changed the setting of my pc.

[EDIT: Uploading the videos in sequence now. First video is the FFA battle. Check the first post.
    Last edited: June 6, 2013