suggestion : list of hotkeys and expected behaviours

Discussion in 'Support!' started by doud, June 6, 2013.

1. doud

doud Well-Known Member

This is a small suggestion :

In order to avoid posting bugs that would not be, you may provide a list of allready implemented hotkeys and what they are expecting to do/not to do :

Just as a few examples :
    while it may be trivial for any of us, stating that shift key enable queuing building, select multiple unit would help many other players.
    Different ways to select units : what double click on a unit is expected to do (select all same type of units)
    Selecting by drawing a square : is it expected to work at any level of zoom ?

There may be tons of other examples, but having a detailed list would help to know if a non expected behaviour (from a player perspective) is a bug or not.
  2. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Last edited: June 6, 2013
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It's not a gameplay suggestion, it's a "how to use the alpha" information request, which will be important as more people join in. How does one know if a hotkey not working is a bug or if it's not implemented yet? Same for typical RTS controls (such as usage of shift).
  4. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Whoops, yeah. I saw suggestion in the title and didn't read much else, my bad. I agree.

We could use a Ctrl+K too, as my workers are frequently building themselves into a corner and it takes forever to reclaim buildings to work your way out.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Del = Ctrl k.
    Good example of why a list of hotkeys would be great.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

And don't press D. Or has that function been removed?
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

F11 gives you what I presume is a flow field cost map. And F1 seemed to just slow down the game until it was unplayable.
  8. guigespritdusage

guigespritdusage New Member

Yes good idea.
    I tried my first game, I pushed F1 and others functions keys, searching for in game help, and it seems I activated the on-game replay.

I did not understood what was happening, I was thinking "someone have a -100 simspeed or what?", "why does it does nothing?", "why my orders are take in account so late?", so I built buildings over buildings, suddenly I clic on the on-game replay icon, disabling it, then watching the game in reverse speed and realized that everything was destroyed in my base since a long time.