Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. deso88

deso88 Member

The Delta is the only one done and the devs said that there will be only one commander in the alpha at the start. So I'm 99% sure it's the Delta, which they're going to take away from me later :(
  2. lordmd

lordmd Member

Okay... seems to be compatible with the other information I got(at some Wiki site I saw the most pics were for Delta commander so I thought it was most developed and might be the one that is ingame at Alpha).

Of course a bad think if they have to take it away later from some people.

They should have made the one everyone can get first... and then in order with rarest ones being first adding more.

But then again... if this still will be possible while Alpha is running...
    It might get people to ugrade to the 200$ edition which if I remember correctly includes this commander(if people like it cause they get used to it during Alpha).
  3. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Man there ought to be bonuses through steam. I can see the threads now: "$50 extra just to test alpha!?!?".

The Steam community is already going to go crazy when they see the price, taking away the extras is just asking for problems that you can no longer justify by saying "that's what backers paid" because backers got bonuses too.
  4. Arukemos

Arukemos New Member

So with the game going into alpha/early access in a couple of days I have a few questions.

If I preorder from the site https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrde ... desc_alpha and I get the Combat edition will I still get a Steam key for the alpha or no?

Or if I want the alpha I have to pony up for one of the higher tiers or buy it directly off of steam with no unlocks?
  5. ploptops

ploptops New Member

You wil not get a steam key for the alpha if you buy the combat edition, also you will not get early access to the steam version if you dont buy the $90 package from steam.

(edit: i understand steam will have the same tiers as uber store but without the preorder commander bonus but dont quote me on this)
  6. Arukemos

Arukemos New Member

Ah ok, in that case I will need to save up for another month before I can buy myself in. I am sure the game will be in a better state in a month anyways :D

Thanks for the reply.
  7. ploptops

ploptops New Member

alpha is live (woop)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  8. cllrofwar

cllrofwar New Member

It is?
  9. tossha

tossha New Member

no, it's not.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

First keys are being send out, that's a fact. I got mine, downloading @ 2,1mb/s
  11. blizz003

blizz003 New Member

12. sleepwizard

sleepwizard New Member

Good to know that the alpha keys are being send out :cool: . I think that it will take some time before everyone that have access to the alpha version get one key.

It is regarding the server code, I think that in alpha phase they proberly keep a close eye on the activities of the main server code :ugeek: (don't know but I think that the server is also in the alpha status).
  13. titanlegions

titanlegions New Member

Is there a mac alpha out yet? Just got my key but the only link in the email is for a windows downloader...
  14. d3nn05

d3nn05 Member

what time dose the alpha start on friday? The time that steam say or will we be able to play at 00:00? :)

And will there be a new forum for alpha testers?
    Last edited: June 6, 2013
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Nope. Game developer cross platform from start. Uber got Linux/Mac builds but they won't make them public before then fix main issues.
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You need to wait a bit, or try it under Wine.

Garat's answer:
    viewtopic.php?p=733285#p733285
    I also think there is same answer in private alpha forum.
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Please don't post something you clearly haven't researched. You're wrong. I'm deleting your post.

We're working on the Mac and Linux builds, they will be coming in Alpha.
  18. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

No key yet :(

Oh well, will wait bit longer.
  19. jvahe

jvahe New Member

Any time estimate of when to expect a Mac version?
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I don't think they might say you estimated time. First they need to clean code of platform-independent bugs and then they make public Mac version.