ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. lordmd

lordmd Member

I hope today(German time zone meaning at the end of today it will be 3 PM at their location with 9 hours difference) the first people will get access to alpha. Since I bought a bit late and only paid 90 dollars I'm hoping for tomorrow to get access with one of the later "waves" of emails they are going to send.

I think the last post of neutrino he said he is going to office early today... which makes me believe they want to finish last few bugs early today and start sending mails today...

but of course you can't be sure... if they encounter new unexpected bugs they want to fix before giving access it might take longer after all.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I doubt there is much point in guessing when it is gonna happen. Probably they don't know themselves at this point.

Thanks! But be careful not to overdo it. Fixing bugs while half asleep never really works and we all won't really die from one more day of waiting. Even if we sound like it ;)
  3. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

Scrolls just went into open beta? That could fill some time!
  4. vox1972

vox1972 New Member

I hate the "waiting game"!! lol :p
  5. tugimus

tugimus Member

Don't wait. Check periodically. Do something else in the mean time.
  6. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Won't be able to play the alpha when it is released. Got carpal tunnel from the F5 key.

Well, I think calling it a key at this point is a bit of a stretch.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

as far as i'm concerned i would prefer Uber team to sleep as much as necessary and then come back to fix what they want to fix. It does make sense to be aligned with deadlines, but working without enough sleeping time is not productive, unless of course Uber Team is actually some kind of extra terrestrial being :lol:
  8. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Don't they have an espresso machine or something? They could could for weeks on end!

But yeah, we act all impatient but we can wait. At least I can speak for myself.
  9. laseek

laseek New Member

It's hard to rest properly when you're perched on a milestone. It's better to push on, deliver and have a skeleton crew to cover ops while the rest of the team kicks back.

IV Espresso + redbull :)
  10. schockster

schockster New Member

The last time I waited like that was Sword of the Stars 2.

Finally it was released, but it didnt work well. They said they uploaded the wrong build. They upload another one. 1 Day later I testet the "new" version. Yeah ... lets me say it easy: I think PA alpha will be better :D.

Now I know at least what I have to expect. =)
  11. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

They had to fix the entire game again, doing over almost everything.
  12. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

You specifying that it is an IV implies that there is some other means of ingesting it. I was unaware of this.
  13. laseek

laseek New Member

Skin contact when showering :D
  14. JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar Member

Going to go get some breakfast then watch a movie while I wait. When I get back I hope to see Neutrino on here with some good news. :)
  15. teradyn

teradyn Member

Meh, I am at work now. I figure that they won't start with the keys right when they get in, which would be 10am my time, or a little earlier if they come in early like Neutrino said. I can download and install it remotely, so by the time I get my key, if I work through lunch, I might be through with a full 8 hour day before I could hit "play" anyway.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Bollocks, I knew I forgot to do something this morning.
  17. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

I have a 30 Mbps connection, so downloading shouldn't take too much time, but remote connection would have been a good idea.
  18. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Haha people going from crazy to calm in waves. ^^

Well no matter when they start today, I went home early from work to get my EVGA 780 ACX SC from my neighbors.. Guess who doesn't open the door? :lol:

They should be at work soon if they meant what they said with coming early to work and such. :twisted:
  19. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Edit: guess who came back :mrgreen: Time to Install!
    Last edited: June 5, 2013
  20. mkultr4

mkultr4 Member

I love how this has become a lounge/general chat thread lol.

I don't have alpha access but I can't wait to see some videos popping up on YouTube. Whoever gets them up first can expect lots of new subscribers.