ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. deso88

deso88 Member

Bastard :p :D
  2. sab0t

sab0t Member

i actually just got out of a meeting discussing a raise and a bonus...and PA Alpha around the corner? now i'm in a really good mood!!
  3. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

I'm planning on arranging such a meeting in the near future. Just have to wait until the time seems right.
  4. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Congratulations sab0t

It's funny you should mention getting a raise.:) I got a promotion and raise last Friday.

I choose to use a portion of the raise this month upgrading from Galactic to Cosmic (digital) edition :D #Joy
  5. sab0t

sab0t Member

thank you.

can i upgrade? i didn't know that...
  6. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

7. kommkat

kommkat New Member

Upgrade still doesn't work for kickstarter backers, which makes me a very sad panda.
  8. sab0t

sab0t Member

9. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Worked for me, and that was over two months ago. Bumped from $90 Kickstarter to the Cosmic Limited Edition.

... What was this thread about, again?
  10. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

... Btw, does upgrading from 90$ tier backer to cosmic edition remove the Progenitor & alpha commander (Since those are exlusive to backers and isent part of the "COSMIC DIGITAL EDITION")?
  11. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Nope, it shouldn't. Even if it did screw that up, you could contact them to get them to fix it for you when the time comes. It shows as two separate purchases in your purchase history, one being dated as when you confirmed your Kickstarter payment (2012, long before pre-orders went up), so that's all the proof you need.
  12. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Erm I hadn't though of that.

I have been working from the assumption that at Cosmic Tier, I'd now have access to every commander (except the custom ones)

I also upgraded from a KS start position.
  13. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

Monday / Tuesday = Early of the week
    Wednesday = Middle of the week
    Thursday = End of the week
    Friday = Official steam alpha launch

The plan was to start the alpha for backers BEFORE the launch on friday.

So the final question is: What is the status of the game - are the most new bugs of last friday fixed? And which developer is blamed for these bugs? :mrgreen:
  14. rimizak

rimizak Member

Hey guys im back on (if anyone remembers me :p) anywho im dying right now waiting for alpha. I figured it may come Wednesday but im starting to lose hope and planning for Thursday...
  15. beniesk

beniesk New Member

For unknown reasons I'm convinced that "early next week" really meant "early at Friday", which for a developer translates to about 11am :cool:
  16. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Well they have the release date set for the steam alpha at friday and we are supposedly to get it before they do, but you never know.
  17. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

:lol:

I think Thursday is possible - enough time to send ~500 keys per hour around the day?! :mrgreen:
  18. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Just so you know the above statement in not true. Cosmic includes Alpha and Pro. It says it very clearly in the purchase order.
  19. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

:::::::::::::::Old post removed:::::::::::

EDIT: After buying the cosmic edition i can confirm this, but its only true if you upgrade.

The pro and alpha commanders isent included in the cosmic edition if you dont upgrade from the 90 tier backer version.
    Last edited: June 4, 2013
  20. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

That's the now-closed, $250 Cosmic Limited Edition, not the now-available, $200 Cosmic Digital Edition.

As for whether upgrading from Kickstarter will give you those commanders, read my last post about that. It should be:

Kickstarter $50 -> Cosmic = retains Progenitor commander, unsure if this will give you the Alpha commander

Kickstarter $90 -> Cosmic = retains BOTH the Progenitor and Alpha commanders

Cosmic (not upgrading from KS) = No Progenitor or Alpha commanders.
    Last edited: June 4, 2013