ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. deathsticks

deathsticks New Member

What about me? Should i stay up late tonight?

8 hours from now will be 8pm for me :3
  2. deso88

deso88 Member

Go to bed!
  3. deathsticks

deathsticks New Member

Go to bed? its 12:29pm! im going to get a works burger! XD
  4. warnix

warnix New Member

yes me too :eek:

Proud owner of $90 Galactic Edition
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

8 hours from now though, we'll be asleep. We're trying hard, but as was said at the start of the day, there's no guarantees.
  6. warnix

warnix New Member

take your time don't stress

Proud owner of $90 Galactic Edition
  7. deathsticks

deathsticks New Member

Sleep well planetary annihilation gods! Your people shall await. \(*^*)/
  8. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

Well I HAVE to stay home. I "conveniently" got chickenpox. >_< Which is a good omen if the track record holds. If something bad happens to me then something of equal or slightly greater good happens as well. But I doubt you believe in old superstition. :p
  9. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I can't believe it , for the very first time in my life a game is making my daily job productivity decreasing :lol: I can't figure out how many times i have checked my mailbox since the beginning of this week. Not to mention how many times i'm checking the forums to check if the big asteroïd has been launched :lol:
  11. kommkat

kommkat New Member

Ehehehe... I cant wait to play this. Long day traveling to and from Detroit makes anyone want to play a nice game, even if its only a glorious, buggy mound of code at the moment. At least I get to help make it better.~ <3
  12. thedbp

thedbp Member

I honestly thought it would be released at the 7th after seeing the last live stream so I made plans for the weekend streetching till the 4th, and I'm so relieved it's not out yet.

Keep on it guys, I look forward to destroy some robots.
  13. turpiini

turpiini Member

Damn the wait is agonizing! :twisted:

[​IMG]
  14. Baleur

Baleur Member

We know you're nervous man.
    I understand it, i really do.
    You're one of the few companies that actually has some sense of responsibility to their customers, their backers, their donators. I applaud that, i really do.

But rest assured, many of us KNOW what an alpha is. Yes, even a real alpha that barely has much finished. Many of us have been with indie games from version 0.02a, supported by kickstarter or other means, seen it grow through steam greenlight, and finally appearing in final form.
    This is how i look at PA, like another indie title in heavy development.
    Why anyone would look at it like a AAA Blizzard promotional PR beta 1-week before release is just silly, in fact i doubt many backers of 90 bucks are actually that uninformed. I think if someone spends that kind of cash, they know what they are spending it on.

We know what it's like. Don't worry your little heart about it! :D
    But of course, there will be people that are NOT familiar with alphas or even betas. Of course. The thing is, don't pay too much heed to their eventual forum rage. It's not constructive. It will be the minority. Trust us, as we trust you :)
  15. noaveragejoe

noaveragejoe Member

Checklist,

12 Pack Redbull - Check :twisted:
    Munchies of various origins - Check :p
    Comphy captains chair - Check :geek:
    [​IMG]
    Software testing experience - Check :ugeek:
    Bug reporting instructions - TBC :?:
    Beta Key - TBC :roll:
    Excitement level 100% - Check :mrgreen:

Why so excited?.

Great developers working hard to build the best RTS game to date who are loyal to the players they are building it for. And we get to help and on completion have the satisfaction that we helped to a point in getting in to the finish line.

So gimmie!
  16. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I kinda feel bad for Uber, that amount of pressure for a small company without a huge budget (I belive they have a decent budget for the game, but comparing it with some of the huge game budgets) :roll: .
  17. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I think many people know this very well. It is just the excitement of getting your own hands on the thing for the very first time, even if it just means spinning the camera around and watching the scenery.
  18. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

I guess this makes the alpha even more important. Early Access on Steam could well mean more money rolling in.
  19. thedbp

thedbp Member

I weren't expecting combat at all. All I wanted for alpha was something like a planet generator or a commander to walk around with on a gray plane.

Or see signature as for combat.
  20. noaveragejoe

noaveragejoe Member

Ok i will amend this, i believe Uber will build the best RTS game to date in my opinion. They are striving to turn this great idea into a (virtual) reality not jsut making crazy *** claims and then getting a broken game (Sim city) on launch (Maxis, Spore etc etc) which could have been great but fell short its goals and were badly implemented.

Most high budget games developers are so bad at interfacing with their community and often users wishes and requests/complaints/worries go unheeded, Uber have cut all the redtape and thrown away the bullshots and shown us all what to expect and the direction its heading and the possibilities for the future.

This is what make them great this is why i believe it will be one of (if not the) best RTS games to date.

Basically....They give a damn and they want to get it right. Its not just a money train they care about $_$.

This is not a fanboy rant i just respect the company. I haven't done so like this since Westwood studios.