ALPHA ROLLOUT STATUS

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, June 1, 2013.

1. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

I feel like anything I say is going to start an argument that doesn't need to happen. I understand the idea of this being a compliment and all, but I have to support neutrino on this...
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

That's actually a good rationalisation.
  3. savvon

savvon Member

Honestly, your attitude towards this topic disturbs me. Why would you say something like this to the people who have been supporting PA and you for that matter?

Who are you to judge why and when people take off time for work?

I know people who take time off of work to get a pedicure, go see a premier movie, coordinate a booty call or simply because they need a personal day because their job sucks.

Are you saying PA, which many have followed since its inception, is not important enough to take a personal day off?

PA is digital sex baby! :mrgreen:

Ok, maybe not THAT good, but you get my meaning.

Since the beginning of game releases it has been a tradition to take time off of work and/or school. I remember running down to Newegg when they had physical stores, buying a box game and playing it with my group of friends after all of us called in sick or arranged time off of work. Good times!

Go grab some coffee and get a head change. You're being a downer.
    Last edited: June 4, 2013
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Let me rephrase. I understand people are excited about the game but this isn't the release. Normally when a game comes out it's a) finished and b) had has testing. Neither is the case here, the game is partially done and untested. Just call me a nervous nellie. I'm glad people are paying attention.
  5. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

We are excited to do bug-testing science.

Speaking of which... Tonight or tomorrow? :lol:
  6. deathsticks

deathsticks New Member

Australian here, my body is ready!

Eagre to see how my experience ends up with me being behind a bit of a latency wall and all.

PC's a beast and i'm on a 20meg connection though so bring it on :cool:
  7. Bawlduke

Bawlduke New Member

Come on ... Just let us have it already....

Interested in seeing how the latency from NZ effects the game....
  8. felipec

felipec Active Member

I'm not excited to play the game to be honest. I'm excited with the beggining of this new phase! We gonna play an important role in this game. It is like having fun while working!
  9. savvon

savvon Member

Totally understand.

This is new ground for all of us.

Even though this is not a release, it is still undiscovered country and we are all very excited to be a part of it. Every one of us wants to be the first to step on a new planet.

Everyone knows you will have your negative posters who expect the impossible, but you also have the people, like me, who are here to help with the development process.
  10. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I'm checking my email every time I get on the internet! So excited.
  11. rimizak

rimizak Member

haha drewsuser im frantically refreshing the page...I haven't done this since MvM came out for TF2...
  12. sab0t

sab0t Member

PA fans accidentally DDoS entire Uber web server, delays alpha we were all refreshing for :D
  13. teradyn

teradyn Member

I just did something to piss off my wife. Not sure what it was... but then again don't know if it matters. I do this occasionally, well, frequently, actually. So... uh, got anything any time soon for me to ignore her with?
  14. rimizak

rimizak Member

Yep! Keep refreshing this page and hope they send out early backer keys late tonight! Happy refreshing! (sigh)....We're gonna be here for a while...
  15. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Divorce her, can't have her interrupting you when playing alpha. Gotta keep things in perspective.
  16. rimizak

rimizak Member

Here's an idea-we all PM Garat at the same time! He'll go nuts and HAVE to give us all the Alpha keys! Then, we'll start it up and it will crash! That's the cycle of inpatients!

Wow I'm going insane waiting for this...ignore everything I just said...although everybody PMing Garat at the same time WOULD be pretty funny
  17. teradyn

teradyn Member

Who gonna cook meals while I play?
  18. rimizak

rimizak Member

Alright guys, I can't take anymore. I'm going to log on tomorrow morning with high hopes and low expectations and see if the Alpha has arrived...but now I need some well deserved sleep. Take care.
  19. 1337haxwtg

1337haxwtg Member

Yep, bed time. I almost hope I don't receive an email in the morning, as that will make for a long day at work. Send it to me between lunch time and 5 EST? Thanks :D
  20. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

FYI guys don't stay up late. The current build still needs some love.