Battleroids - How to have 'Starship' combat

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by CrazyVulcan, May 24, 2013.

1. theachronus

theachronus New Member

Who said rock was especially large?
    Admittedly I described a large one.
    But, it could equally be a 'cloud' of smaller rocks.

Yes of course this is a major investment to lose. However, at the stage of the game you are in when this gets deployed your opponent owns that whole planet anyway. So nothing less than a major investment will do any significant damage.

Bottom line if you have to, you have to.

Alternatively, the rock 'could' be sent on a ballistic trajectory. The rock in this case would be fairly small though. It would would be serving as a sort of inter planetary M.I.R.V. dumping a pile of nukes onto targets as it is going terminal, followed by a nasty impact (of non-planet-killer scale).

Small rock, big damage spread.
  2. heavymetaljezus

heavymetaljezus New Member

anyone else thought of metal fatigue when reading that ?
    but really now i think you can already do that now ... im not really sure if you can tell the asteroids you own to do anything else then "SMASH" and "dont move"
  3. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

When I think of battleroids I think of pirates for some reason :p
  4. saberkittyzero

saberkittyzero New Member

Now all I can think about is putting a lot of aircraft platforms or long range cannons on a mobile asteroid. Effectively making said asteroid into a carrier or battleship for space type fights.