Early Backer Upgrades

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, March 7, 2013.

1. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Upgraded! Thanks uber :D
  2. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Upgraded to Galactic :) take my money !
    Think I get everything but the physical items and the Delta.

If you later add a step above galactic that gets me all digital items+Delta I`ll absolutely upgrade to that.
  3. panzeroceania

panzeroceania New Member

I pledged $100, when I go to upgrade it says I don't own and pre-order game keys yet.

I understand the situation, but that's a message that might confuse a lot of backers.

As far as it "not being worth upgrading to Cosmic Limited Edition" I feel that either

1. you should be able to upgrade for the difference of your pledge anyways, even if it isn't worth it.

2. Uber should just upgrade you to Cosmic anyways free of charge for being an early backer that gave a pledge over $90/$100

I had a similar problem with End of Nations beta and allowing to preorder editions. They released a "founders edition" that you could preorder, and then after their most hardcore fans all bought that, they released other editions several weeks later with more content than the "founders edition" this seems to be a common problem

I understand there was an upgrade path for backers previously until December, but that offer expired, and it expired before official "editions" were announced, there was no "Cosmic Limited Edition" at that time.

Now there is a Cosmic edition, but I can't upgrade, I've been told that you're working on that, and I will be able to, and I appreciate that, but your store also has a countdown timer on the Cosmic edition, will I be able to upgrade before the Cosmic Edition becomes unavailable? I'll be away from internet access for most of the month of April. If I have to I'll try to get someone else to upgrade my account for me, it would just be nice to know my options.

I say when in doubt, upgrade the previous large supporters to the premium edition, or at least give them an option to upgrade if they want to.
    Last edited: March 18, 2013
  4. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

And mine says with a secon sentence after that:

"We will be rolling out an upgrade system for early backers like you who have made pledges. We'll let you know when it's available."
  5. panzeroceania

panzeroceania New Member

yeah, my main concern is if that will be after the Cosmic Edition expires
  6. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

Ah ok, I don't know about that. But isn't the only difference between 90/100 pledges and cosmic the naming of the two planets? And upgrading 90/100 to cosmic would be a punch in the face for the 150$ bakers.
  7. dancomyn

dancomyn New Member

That's what we need!!! ;)
  8. guvante

guvante New Member

Any update on the oddities with add-ons? Don't want to upgrade only to find out I gave up the discounted second key.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

As said above, I want to throw more money at Uber for the Delta commander, but I just don't have enough for the Cosmic edition.
  10. dancomyn

dancomyn New Member

Please participate in the poll titled: 'Digital Limited Edition?' if you haven't already. Thanks ;)
  11. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

Only 20 bucks to upgrade to alpha access? Dang Uber, you sure know how to pull on my heartstrings :) I believe I'll be taking advantage of this. Yay :)
  12. alpinechild

alpinechild New Member

So I backed $100 but in retrospect I want to get a USB drive with another key (alpha/beta/retail) for a bud of mine who had no clue this game exists and I would like my key to come on a USB or get one for myself just to have one. How would I go about this? The Store seems to still be down any info on when it will be up?

-Alpine
  13. bornacorn

bornacorn New Member

I press the upgrade button but I only get

I pledged $50 in the Kickstarter and am also able to get into here. Anybody else had this issue?
  14. khazar1

khazar1 Member

So if understand it right that if I'm at the 90$ mark and I wanted to add an extra beta key to my alpha key then that is not possible and my friend has to get the normal version in the store?
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Bornacorn - not sure how you're getting in there, but you haven't finalize. :) You should go read the faq on http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq to see about finalizing your account. If you didn't finalize, we can't upgrade you, because we don't know what your choices were.

Khazar - correct. We offered discounted purchases of them up until the end of December through our finalization page.
  16. bornacorn

bornacorn New Member

Thanks Garat. No idea how I missed that.
  17. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Okay thanks just as I thought ^^ maybe you should update the FAQ for that. ^^
  18. Consili

Consili Member

Hey garat, I know you said in response to an earlier post of mine that you would look into it, but saw this response to Bornacorn. I am getting the same error as Bornacorn when I select the "upgrade an existing order" option, but I have finalised my pledge (double-checked it just now to be sure).

However if I click on 'my account' I can see the details of my kickstarter pledge (plus the shirt I ordered after the kickstarter) but there is no way for me to upgrade the extra gift key. If it helps I went for the $150 pledge tier during the kickstarter with an additional beta gift key. Is there something I am doing wrong?
  19. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

I'm having the same issues as consili and Bornacorn. I see my pledge and it is finalized, but I can't upgrade my gift keys that I ordered.
  20. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

I am having the same issue. Just triple-checked that my pledge is finalized, but the store page gives me,

"You don't own any pre-order game keys yet. Click here to buy one.

We will be rolling out an upgrade system for early backers like you who have made pledges. We'll let you know when it's available."

So Kickstarters can't add anything more to their orders?