Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It is impossible to change the description text on a kickstarter reward after the first person pledged on it. So your memory is wrong or you didnt read the text properly.
  2. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yes, highest backers first. Presumably sending out first keys early next week.
  4. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

You absolutely read the description wrong and that is nobody's fault but your own.
  5. deso88

deso88 Member

Learn from your mistakes. ;)
  6. joey1430

joey1430 New Member

getting to that point where i cannot phyiscally wait any longer :p
  7. blindeskimo323

blindeskimo323 New Member

I preordered very recently so I am not expecting to be anywhere near the first one to get the alpha, but I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it yet?

Will be so excited when I get mine! :)
  8. niezlomnypejczyk

niezlomnypejczyk New Member

I have one question about alpha. I'll probably unable to buy Alpha Packed before start of alpha so I'm interesting if, I buy this packed after alpha launch, I will get a key?
  9. cola_colin

If you buy an alpha package, you will get alpha access. That's the point of an alpha package.
  10. saberkittyzero

saberkittyzero New Member

Will there be a predownload available?
  11. cola_colin

Makes not much sense in this context imho. It will go live once a working alpha version is available. Until that moment there is no version that could be preloaded.
  12. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Predownloads exist for retail games because the game itself is usually finished weeks before the game goes "live" to account for the time it takes to print discs and ship them out to brick & mortar retailers. During that time they can upload a version of the game to digital distributors to allow preloading of an encrypted version of the data to be unlocked when the official release date hits.

We're not done. :)
  13. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Also, in the light of all the updating they'll be doing (and have been according to posts here) there's even less of a point.

Except for maybe being able to say you have the game on your drive!
  14. Scelestic

Scelestic New Member

I wouldn't mind being able to say this.
  15. rimizak

rimizak Member

Hi guys. I think this question belongs in this topic, and I am sorry if I am wrong. I saw in the FAQ's on the PA website that it said Steam alpha comes out on June 7th, yadda yadda. However, it said you can play either on steam servers or uber servers DEPENDING on if you turn your key into a steam key. When I saw this, I was confused and enraged. Are they saying that we can either play with the developers, or we can play with a larger group of people on steam?! Did they mean we can play on whichever we'd like, or that once we enter our game key for either steam or uber, that's that? because it sounds like they're making us choose between the two. Now, if it were ANY other game, I'd automatically go with steam, but with this game, the developers will be playing on their own servers obviously, so that's probably going to attract a LOT more people than steam!!! I really don't see any reason they have to divide our server choices like that. I mean, come on. You can't combine the two servers and make it an in-game option??? And even if you couldn't, why would they only give us a key to ONLY ONE??? I don't see there being any way for us to take the other copy and duplicate it, so then what exactly is the problem? Someone please clear this up for me.
  16. cola_colin

So playing with the developers themselves is very important to you?
    Anyway: I think you are misunderstanding. If you use steam or not does NOT have ANY influence on who you can play with. Everyone uses the same game-servers. The only difference is that if you convert your key to steam you will always need to use steam to download and start the game.

...I am assuming, but splitting the community like that would be a such big mistake that I doubt anybody at Uber would even consider doing it.
  17. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

That's what I've read!
  18. rimizak

rimizak Member

Thanks Cola. I hope your assumption is correct. If that's the case I will definitely be making it a steam key. As long as it doesn't affect servers/who you play with, it's fine.
  19. rimizak

rimizak Member

Wait one second-does that mean if we want it to be a steam key we have to wait after we receive it for the steam page to activate?
  20. redstar427

redstar427 Member

No, Uber already stated that initial keys are from Uber. You can choose to convert that key to a Steam key at some point, and only after you do, you will use Steam install the game and get future updates.

As long as you stay with Uber key, you will get updates from them.

So as I see it, there is no point in choosing to convert to Steam until it's up and running.