French translation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wolf59, May 22, 2013.

1. wolf59

wolf59 New Member

Hi, name's Victor

To make it short, i think PA looks great, BUT steam anounce it without french version.
    I'm french and even if I understand read and speak english quite well, i prefer when games are in french.

As PA seems amazing, i would like to ask, even if the answer is completely unknown to me, what if i do, with a little help around me, translate the text and voices (to make subtitles) of PA, would you, UBER Entertainment, create an available french version of your game ?

I would be able to do so just playing the game or if you send me the text to translate, email.

Doing so may would improve the game sales in France.
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

3. wolf59

wolf59 New Member

Aw.

4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Owch. Thought you were a Backer.

Best bet then? PM Garat here

Oooo... Or I could do this: PM incoming.
  5. veta

veta Active Member

o waw better get that PMD up soon wolf.
  6. p1err0r

p1err0r New Member

Hi !

As wolf59, I'd like to know a little bit more about this subject and all what have already been said about it.

Nanolathe, is the "official" thread private ?
    Note sure of being a "backer", I've already paid for the game (+beta) maybe that's not the same thing ? I don't know...

See you soon
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

If you backed on Kickstarter, or Pre-Ordered the game and don't have access to the Backer's Lounge, you should PM Garat to get things sorted out.

Mike
  8. wolf59

wolf59 New Member

Actually, nanolathe gave me a link to a web site apparently specilized into translations made by volunteers. But since i went on it, nothing were asked to be translated, i guess, by the devs.

So is everything gonna come soon ? Or is the devs attention focused somewhere else ?
  9. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

I imagine they're very focus on the Alpha release right now so it might take a little more time to get round to translation.
  10. KNight

Yeah, it's the kind of thing you want to leave to later, once you have a better idea of what strings you need and aren't redoing them every week.

Mike
  11. p1err0r

p1err0r New Member

Hi !

Thank you for your answers :)
    @knight -> what is the "backer's lounge" please ?

@wolf -> Si possible, j'aimerais bien faire un tour sur le site dont tu parles.
    Sinon, as-tu progressé sur le sujet de la traduction, envisagent-ils l'idée ? pas du tout ?
  12. KNight

The Backer's Lounge is the Subforum for those who backed the Kickstarter or Pre-Ordered the game, if you backed or pre-ordered and don't have access you should PM Garat.

Mike
  13. wolf59

wolf59 New Member

I'd like to pre-order the game, but i'd also like to do it on Steam, it does not seem to be possible right now, but the game is in steam library so i guess late or soon, we'll be able to purchase it there.
  14. KNight

Steam Early Access begins June 7th. If all you wanted is a Steam key you an still Pre-Order Directly From Uber(This way they get the most profit) and later get it turned into a steam key or just add it to the Steam Library like you can other non-steam games.

But turning it into a Steam Key later on is a one-way process, you won't be able to revert back if you do.

Mike