I am a bit confused about PA release schedule.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by actionjezus6, May 22, 2013.

1. actionjezus6

actionjezus6 New Member

Hi,
    I am a bit confused about PA release schedule.
    Accordingly to what UberEntertainment have stated on their website etc. it looks like that:
    However when I backed the project I was told (and the info is still there) that the estimated delivery time would be in June 2013. (I am 20$ Tier backer).

I don’t intent to start any flame, I am just bluntly curious – because of my low tier, even though I was promised game around June, I will be able to play it not before December 2013 – is that correct ?
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

And a lot more got added to teh project in terms of stretch goals and such, Think about all the things we're getting as stretch goals, while they don't all add a significant amount of time(like the Orchestral Score and the Documentary) while others like Galactic War, Naval/Orbital Units and Water/Lava/Metal Planets add a lot of work that wasn't part of the original, 900K pitch.

Mike
  3. actionjezus6

actionjezus6 New Member

I am not angry or anything, I would like UE to take their sweet time making this game, I just wanted to get clarified info ;p
    So I guess your answer is that my train of thought is correct.
    Thread to be closed ;p
  4. redstar427

redstar427 Member

I doubt anyone from Uber "promised" a delivery date.
    Even the Kickstarter page says "Estimated delivery: Jul 2013".
    Then with all the stretch goals, it's just going to take longer.

Even the new schedule from Uber is just an estimate.
    There are way too many factors to be accurate at this early stage of development.
    Not to mention the huge base of Alpha and Beta testers and all the input they will give during testing, and its effect on the course of development.

Personally, if Uber can be anywhere near their new estimated delivery dates, I will be impressed.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I dunno, I think Uber is really aiming to hit that holiday release, trying to go for it in January or February is risky. Neutrino also says that they are okay with releasing in an 'unfinished' stage(as in not all features included, but what is included IS COMPLETE) and adding the rest as they get finished which makes sense seeing as they plan for extensive post launch support.

Mike
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Setting dates is important because it drives key decision making. We have every intention of hitting our announced dates but reality isn't always real. Regardless the game is moving along at a pace now where we felt comfortable setting those dates.
  7. Grimseff

Grimseff Member

I am so glad I upgraded to Alpha. Beta would have taken too much for me to bear. :lol:
  8. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Reality isn't always real?

You have been drinking... Or ingesting some form of mind-altering substance
    :p
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  9. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Do you know what a estimate is?

It's absolutely not (in anyway) a promise.

Estimated release dates for games are wrong most of the time, you shouldent put to much faith in them. Sometimes i think that the early estimates are more for the devs then for the customers (to give them some kind of time frame to work towards, even if it dosent hold up in the long run).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For those people using the stretch goals as a argument:
    They (uber) have stated that the stretch goals wouldent add more time to the project since they would simply employ more people to reach them in time, if that was true or not i dont know, but you shouldent use the stretch goals as a argument for why the estimated date didnt hold up, unless uber says otherwise (since uber themselves claimed that they wouldent be cause for a delay).