Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. terrormortis

terrormortis Member

neutrino posted on reddit that early access will be 90$!
  2. chrislove01

chrislove01 Member

As the guy above me says

Reddit

Feel free to do you own research anytime. ;)
  3. psychobob3

psychobob3 New Member

Thanks for the info! 90$ is more than i thought. So there is still enough bonus for the backers.

Next time i'll do more research of my own... ;-)
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I can't see any language barrier, as I don't see a difference in your rephrased version.
    Those 1 or 2 days are based on various statements made by red posters (garat or neutrino) who stated that there will not be a large delay and they will try to get everyone in as fast as possible. You should know those posts, you are pretty active in the forums after all. Even if it end up being a week it is very doubtful that they will add any gameplay-mechanics in that time, as it will probably be filled with getting more people into alpha asap.

How about you post sources for your assumptions? ;)
  5. sokolek

sokolek Member

Why not to give αlpha keys to all at once???

$90 info: Choose GALACTIC version and see what you get.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

What have if something breaks? Now instead of dealing with 10-50 people, you're dealing with up to 8000(based solely on the KS numbers) all at once. Which one do you think makes more sense?

Mike
  7. sokolek

sokolek Member

Good idea!!! I don't want my computer to break. Good that I am not on the beginning of the line. :D
  8. Consili

Consili Member

I skimmed over the thread so hopefully I didnt miss the answer to this but at present I have alpha access from my Kickstarter pledge. However the gift key add on that I got for my brother is for Beta. Am I able to upgrade that key to alpha through any means?
  9. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

I'm also interested in this as well, can we have some information on this neutrino, garat?
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

If you bought an individual key, it may be upgradeable? I know our three packs aren't able to be upgraded at the moment, and it's "on the list to fix asap".

If you login with your UberNet account and click on the upgrade options, it should show up if it's upgradeable. I don't have an easy way to test this at the moment, so if it works (or doesn't) let me know. Will make it easier to determine the scope of what we need to fix. :)
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

If you don't want your computer to break don't get the alpha! It's not a finished game, it will crash and piss you off regularly (at least it pisses me off when that happens) ;)
  12. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I don't mind my PC crashing for PA... so where is the first build? :)
  13. crseth

crseth Member

Give me alpha! I don't think I can wait any longer! I want to break stuff! :twisted:
  14. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

neutrino did say at the end of may they will be ramping up the alpha release to the alpha buyers.
  15. Consili

Consili Member

Thanks for the update :)

I tried what you asked and I was faced with the following message:

You don't own any pre-order game keys yet. Click here to buy one.

We will be rolling out an upgrade system for early backers like you who have made pledges. We'll let you know when it's available.

If I go to my account I can see the order and by selecting it see all the little awesome extras I got for pledging. On top of that I have an extra shirt I added after the kickstarter and the gift beta key which I added to my pledge during the kickstarter, but no upgrade options for the beta key.

It wont be the end of the world if I cant upgrade it, it just means mutual annihilation between my brother and I will have to wait till beta and we will have to learn to share.

Looking over my order reminds me. For those who pledged at the planet naming level we were asked to provide two name options in case one was taken. Will we know at some stage which name made it through or if they were both already taken? I know this wont be high on your agenda right now, just curious :)
  16. shandlar

shandlar Member

If one is taken and your other has to be used instead...isn't that the same as if both of yours are being used?

Generally I suspect both will be used by everyone unless they are innappropriate for some reason, aka extreme language issues or explicit trademark violations.
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Ah, thanks for the update. We'll get it fixed. Hopefully next week, as I know you're not the only one who'd like to upgrade an extra key!
  18. Consili

Consili Member

Thanks garat! : D
  19. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Is there any way to know where you are in the queue? I upgraded my KS pledge to Alpha before it ended, so presumably I'm relatively in front, but I'd just like to know whether to sit desperately by my computer for the next few days, or if I'm in some future batch for, well, a few weeks in the future.
  20. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'd like to know where I am too.