The range and damage of bots

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by JimCognito, December 24, 2010.

1. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

So, I'm an Assault on Ammo Mule and am dying, to make my get away I fly away and am high above the bridge nearest my base with some bots underneath me but the enemy bots (3 Blackjacks) underneath their bridge take a quarter of my health away in 2 seconds and kill me!? Problems: 1) The range was impressive considering my bots were closer targets, 2) The damage was high and quick, I stood no chance 3) My bots were closer targets!! This works against me most of the time as I try to ring out a player only to have my bots start clay pigeon shooting even though there are enemy bots in front shooting back.

I think Blackjack range should be decreased a little and for them to lock onto bots within range immediately.
  2. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Gotta disagree with this.

1: Bots continue shooting the first thing that gets their attention until it's out of their sight, dead, or they're destroyed. Like pro weapons, most bot-related projectiles can reach all the way across the maps.

2: This tends to happen if you run out in front of a bunch of bots that haven't locked onto something else. Make note not to do this in the future and you'll do fine.

3: Again, bots continue attacking the first thing they "lock" onto. Seek cover when bots present too great a threat to continue fighting; their range is as good or better than yours is.
  3. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Blackjacks/slims are only really dangerous in big groups. Since they do lock on to you have have a pretty good range, I find that it's often better to kill them quickly if there is no where to take cover immediately.
  4. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

What Wandrian Wvlf said.
  5. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Bots really don't need nerfing.
  6. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

I'll love to see Blackjacks meleeing each other as opposed to shooting at each other.
  7. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

I'd love to see bots be able to get juice. It would be hilarious.
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

9. Grec

Grec New Member

10. xX Ript3r Xx

xX Ript3r Xx New Member

Bots need to be changed. They should only shoot at range where the do for other bots and no further it's quite ridiculous
  11. F5in

F5in New Member

Seems like bots have terrible range almost all the time but there are moments where I've been sniped by them from absolutely bullshit distances. Just an example of this distance is under one bridge on Steel Peel to the other. This glitch needs to be fixed, as it's really ******* annoying getting killed by bots when you're way out of their range.
  12. Pig Of Denmark

Pig Of Denmark New Member

As bots. i am sure they have aim bot hax(cause they are leet) and laser really dont have bullet drop so across a map isnt that far. Besides didnt you know...they calibrate bot targeting to you!
  13. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

No. The only reason it'd look any different for bot versus bot is that bots stop caring about something that is far enough behind it. If you're in front of them and they've locked onto you they're going to keep shooting.

Stop trolling please, kthanxbai.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

15. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

16. F5in

F5in New Member

It's not cute when you call someone else out for trolling when you're the one trolling.
  17. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

The instance I described was me as a gold armour Assault at about a quarter health gunned down in 3 seconds by 3 black jacks and a slim.

For me it's mainly that their lock on range is meium-short but they stay locked on at (I managed to get to this range before dying) triple their lock on distance, as a Support I'm fine, I'll drain them and they actaully assist in my escape but other classes (Assassin escluded) are done for unless you pick up speed or charge.
  18. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Kill the bots. Problem solved.
  19. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

I'm an Assault on low health, not the best at destroying bots, good but not in a life or death. Except for Supports and Assassins or gold armour Tanks, a handful of bots can be deadly or an inconvinience. Damage isn't my issue, it's the range.
  20. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

The only time bots bother me is when they put the brakes on the frame rate. Most of the time, they're a godsend--juice and money fountains, more like it. Try living off the fat of the land, for a change.