Alpha Access = Early Access on Steam???

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by narktor, May 22, 2013.

1. narktor

narktor New Member

Hey Uber,

I just read THIS on gamestar (Sry its german, but they havent got it on english, this is just for reference use anyway)
    http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/planetary ... 12450.html

It says that youre going to use the early access system of steam.
    It says furthermore, that youre going to make alpha accessible via the early access.

So? AFAIK, alpha access was included in the 100$+ Tiers!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659 ... s?ref=live

Now dont tell me youre aiming to bring it on steam for 100$ early access price!
    I paid 20$ almost 9 months ago. All i get therefore is the finished game and hey, that was okay back then. But now, youre offering some randomguys on steam, who didnt do ANYTHING for your project when you needed US the most, GLORIOUS Alpha access for low?
    Are you serious? Are you kidding me?

Now, i want a statement. Im one of your backers and i want to know why youre treating non-backers BETTER than us! We took a huge risk when we backed PA! I took the risk of incinerating 20$ for some guys who appeared out of nowhere and told me an old-wifes tale about playerfocussed development! BS!

I tell you what, you better give your early backers alpha access on steam, and you BEST give it to them without demanding any more money from them!
    Elsewise i wont stop ranting about you on any god-damn forum in cyberspace, and i wont ever stop defameing you for being the same despiteful, obnoxious, loathsome bunch of money-sucking pied pipers as any other "publisher" out there!

I wont let you spoil the initial spirit of crowdfunding, not unharmed at last!
  2. chrislove01

chrislove01 Member

Hi

No early access costs the same as Kickstarter Alpha access ($90)

Chris
  3. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

Someone sounds like they've been jumping to all sorts of conclusions. Only people who already had Alpha access are allowed to join the Steam Early Access.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I'm speechless. Never before on this forum has the ignorance and entitlement on display been quite so obvious.

I'm in shock.

You paid $20 for the finished game, why do you care if Joe Bloggs can now buy into the Alpha at $90?

News Flash... the game was FUNDED. You got the game for $20. That's less than final retail price. You got the game cheaper than Joe Bloggs can ever get it. What on earth are you bleating about?

---

What a horrible toxic first post. Not a good first impression narktor.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. terrormortis

terrormortis Member

I am not sure about that, you can still pre order to have alpha access, so I think you will be able to buy early access on steam too.
  6. nanolathe

Correct. Anyone can "buy in" to the Alpha after the 7th of June.

For $90. And get NOTHING more than early access. No exclusive Commanders, no "merch"... nothing more than the ability to test with the rest of us.

The idea that Backers are being "shafted" is just ludicrous.
  7. narktor

narktor New Member

TBH, its up to THEM to push such Info to their backers through Email EARLY!
    Im not responsible for digging through their intransparent PR work. So yeah, i was ignorant in the original of the word, i was "not-knowing". Have a look at the comments on the posted gaming magazine. There will be more posts like this on the forums, most people dont follow the forums but instead expect to be informed via email, which isnt that hard to do!
  8. nanolathe

You weren't TOLD because it's got nothing to DO with you. You payed $20 and then forgot about it?

... The hell have you been man? Do you just throw $20 away on the street every day? Why has it taken you THIS long to find the forums?

Oh... and Kickstarter has been sending you emails on Planetary Annihilation updates. Weren't you looking at those?
    Good luck to them. I hope they do more research than you did. :roll:
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hallo erstmal!

Mama Mia, dir ist aber ne Laus über die Leber gelaufen. :p

Du kannst aber entspannen. Uber hat schon gesagt, dass sie die Backer nicht benachteiligen:
    Ich bin zufällig einer von den Backern, für die diese Frage relevant ist, und werd auch darauf achten, dass das eingehalten wird.

Backer für $90 oder mehr bekommen aber auch noch Extra-Goodies, die die Steam-Kunden sehr wahrscheinlich nicht kriegen. Außer du kannst mir zeigen, wie man ein T-Shirt, die Box und die 3 Commander-Figuren durch ne Internetleitung saugt... ;)

Ich würd sagen: Erst mal abwarten und Tee trinken. Das klärt sich schon noch.
  10. nanolathe

You're always so kind and patient Colonel. I dunno how you do it. :oops:
  11. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

wow.... Most miss guided rage so far?

There should be awards for being so far off the mark.
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

13. nanolathe

It's most concerning how much he thinks all Backers, even those at the $20 level, should be treated WAY better than people paying $90 for alpha testing.

He got the game on the cheap. That was his reward. How can he possibly defend his position that the Dev's are screwing over, not only the higher-tier backers but also those on the lowest level?

Alpha is not really much of a privilege... it's an obligation.
    It's Not "Early Access". It's a JOB.
  14. Col_Jessep

Cats. The secret is cats.
  15. nanolathe

I have a pet Jungle Carpet Python. I'm not sure I can do Cats. :?
  16. chrislove01

chrislove01 Member

No but I expect the python could :shock: :lol:
  17. suketchi

suketchi Member

Sry, I couldn't help laughing. :mrgreen:
    But a good answer. ;)
  18. Col_Jessep

I defiantly prefer cats hugs to python hugs!
  19. nanolathe

But her extra special hugs make me feel so light headed and happy! :lol:

In all seriousness though, she's a darling; hasn't tried to kill me once.
  20. simonhawk

simonhawk New Member

I want to say something against the original post, but the mood in here got pretty good now and I don't want to ruin that :D

(I will say though that, generally, people get what they pay for, and people paying more should get more. People paying less should not be angry about that, especially not when they get a discount on what the other guys got, should they choose to buy it. Sorry, guess I couldn't help it)