Xbox One Discussion

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by embox, May 21, 2013.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

XBone
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I honestly don't care how the xbox turns out. I'm just going to assume it's going to suck bad and have all sorts of bad/annoying features.

However I'm a console gamer and love my FPS shooters. Arguably two of the most competitive and in depth FPS shooters to ever touch consoles were Halo CE, and Shadowrun.

The lead developer who made those games amazing from a competitive standpoint was picked up by Black Tusk Studios. Black Tusk Studios is going to be microsoft's flagship studio for pumping out IP titles, one of which is supposed to be the next "halo". Yeah that gets thrown around a lot, but it's also being made by someone who literally made the first Halo.

I'll most likely buy this stupid POS console for a ridiculous price literally only for whatever game John Howard is making. Halo's sucked competitive since Halo CE, and sucked casually since Halo 3, so I'm not touching any future Halo's.

Between Halo CE and Shadowrun, I spent more hours on John Howard's games than I did all my other games combined, minus Halo 2.
    naka333 likes this.
  3. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

consoles are still good for buying for kids as a parent for a decreased chance of downloading viruses and having to deal with that
  4. comham

comham Active Member

Looks like a poo. Won't buy it. Enjoy it, if that's your thing. But ideally, improve your standards and tastes, and don't buy it either.
  5. teapot

I expected there would be no eltisim on this site just like I expected microsoft to unveil something good.
    naka333 likes this.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

XBox One will now take over the void WiiU left. Nothing else besides a glorified cablebox.
  7. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

i only use my wii for netflix, and that's about to stop :/
  8. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

More (possible) information about the used game situation
    http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-t ... -509140825

Short version: If you want to "lend" someone a game, you have to go to their home and use your profile. Otherwise, they have to pay a fee.
    Xbox One must be online at least once a day if you want to play anything, not always online, but that's still something.
    There may be a way to trade games yourself online.
  9. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

What happens if you're not online once a day?
  10. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That video was actually pretty funny.

"Finger NAILS!" :lol:
  12. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

hmm guess I should've linked the other article:
    http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require ... -509164109

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

-----
    However, at the bottom, you may note that they're trying to deny this as being confirmed, just a "potential scenario."
    As someone who has never used the internet with my home consoles (never needed to/couldn't), this seems like an annoying feature. Probably necessary if they're doing this stupid install only method, but..I don't like it.

So perhaps this isn't set in stone yet. They could take a cue from Steam, heck even Origin and Uplay, only forced online for initial install,afterwards, online isn't necessary for awhile.
  13. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

It looks ugly as f*ck.

As long as it never freezes, I'm in.
  14. narcolexum

narcolexum New Member

Eh. From what I understand, the controller uses the same exact layout as its predecessor. Console games are going to stay on the same level of complexity as they are right now; so uninspiring.
  15. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Do you want consoles to use a KB+M? Isn't that what PCs are for?

Or do you want more motion control?
  16. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

I think he's just being a silly
  17. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

18. teapot

Oh you're amazing at quake too?

there are complex games but nobodies wanted to make one in years because they feel there is no market, despite that not being the reason why shadowrun failed.

You're wrong anyway. The Xbox One controller doesn't use the same exact layout.
    [​IMG]

See? Revolutionary new mic input! Helps reduce the size of the user's wallet since you have to purchase a brand new mic. It's designed to help players to sit and look at the TV at a more level angle.

Also the mic has an ethernet jack and is required if you want to talk. If not you can only listen but there is no mute button. Mute button will be DLC early 2015-2016.
    naka333 likes this.
  19. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

No mute button? F*ck that.
  20. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Honestly I feel like Microsoft is eventually just going to fade completely into the background; with Windows 8 going towards being so painstakingly wanting to be a Mac, and trying to appeal to EVERYBODY with Xbox, it's like lots of wrong moves after each other.