When will the preorder to get alpha access be closed?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BallsonFire, May 18, 2013.

1. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I remember that the devs told us multiple times in the live stream April 19th that, if you still want alpha access you should preorder at least the galactic edition as soon as possible. So I rushed myself to the Uber store to get alpha access. Now I get the feeling anyone can get alpha access till at least June 7th (and probably during Alpha). Don't get me wrong I really like what Uber is doing with PA, but I just don't like it that they are saying things to rush people to buy it right now otherwise you will miss out on early access. It just feels like being lied to just to make as much cash as possible. I'm also referring to the end date of the Cosmic edition that was postponed for like 10 days on the final minutes of the original end data. This was obvious done to make more $$$. First telling on facebook: this is your final change to buy the Cosmic edition and after the clock has struck 00:00:00 postpone it.

Don't get me wrong I like the indie dev games and I want to support them but don't tell misleading info to make more $$$ that reminds me of EA sales tactics.

I just wanted to get that out of my system. Don't get the misleading/lie part to seriously its just a point of view. I know the more money they have the better game they can possibly make and I can't wait for the Alpha!!
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Capitalism ;)
  3. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Pretty sure they said that they would probably close the pre orders for alpha at some point, I would have to re-watch it to be sure but I did not get any real sense of urgency from what he said.

Also I would like to think I would only take a few people to e-mail in saying "omfg I don't get paid till next week please don't close it" or a few payments to get shafted by the store, or it to fall over for a few hours for them to extend the time.

As a guess I would say everyone waited till last minute rushed to the the store and it fell over then they thought **** it give it another 10 days once we get it back up again and hopefully all those people we miss will have bought it by then so we don't miss out on any cash.

I seriously doubt they were all sat around and Mavor was rubbing his hands together saying
    "Hey guys lets pretend to close the pre-order so everyone buys it THEN DON'T!!! MWAHHAHAHAHAHA"
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  4. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

It might be more that they were closing preorder bonuses like naming planets, getting the preorder commanders, and your name in the credits? That's my guess. Maybe they pushed the time because they were expecting to get the alpha out earlier, but then pushed it for 10 days to give them a bit more time to polish out some of the excessive crashes.