LiveStream: May 17th, 2013 & Post Livestream Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, May 10, 2013.

1. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

Probably because it's allot of work. Would you rather they release a buggy or unfinished game? They only said they were shooting for Q3 anyway. It's Q4 December according to the steam page btw.

Personally I couldn't be happier it's being released in December :D I'm a strong advocate of "done when it's done". On the other hand I know I'm going to be playing it in less than a month so that's probably a bias opinion :p
  2. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Not quite. We have our own key system which is different, so when Steam is live, you will go to one of our pages, and convert your key into a Steam key that yes, you can then go to Steam and enter that key in. :)
  4. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Ok, Thank you very much.
  5. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

The key will probably be either emailed to you or appear on your ubernet store page.

You then copy that key and past it into the 'activate a product on steam' section in steam. It's under 'games' at the top of the steam client, second option down.

Once that's done, Steam will auto download the client to your computer. When that's done just click 'play' when the game is selected in your library section and your in. Steam will only act as a delivery method to start with im guessing. The multiplayer may link through to your steam friends list though.
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The original date as specified in the Kickstarter was based on the minimum pledge goal features. The game got bigger, so it'll take longer to make.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

8. Germanfragger

Germanfragger New Member

Well did i miss the live steam? and ist there already a recorder version to watch Twitch is right no some kind off Buggy!
  9. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

There was only about object and word space matrix. In my prototypes i used world space always but when you moved your scroll or hold mid button, and camera was close to planet then i moved it into planet space and after end again into world space.

But after what i saw in this livestream, i think you guys will always hold camera in one planet. In celestial view you will be in world space and only there player will be able to change planet. Its hard to just move camera into one planet when you are orientated in other planet. I found alot of problems there. But this special "map" can solve this and give more clean movement. For me this sounds logic.
  10. Germanfragger

Germanfragger New Member

Well did i miss the live steam? and ist there already a recorder version to watch Twitch is right now some kind off Buggy!
  11. veta

veta Active Member

It's a good thing, not a bad thing salith ;)
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I've updated the FAQ a bit, and will do more this weekend, but:

From the FAQ: (http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/)

What is the current state of the game?
    Alpha Period: June 7th through end of August
    Beta Period: September through November
    World Wide Launch: December 2013

If you were an early backer or pre-ordered through store.uberent.com, once Steam Early Access is live, a link to the key exchange will be provided here.

There is no differentiation between our Alpha and Steam Early Access, other than Steam Early Access does not start til June 7th. Alpha will start to roll out to early backers and Uber pre-orders prior to that time. You can play through UberNet OR Steam, if you decide to convert your key to a Steam key. However, once you convert to a Steam key, you MUST play through Steam.

If you wish to upgrade to alpha or beta access and you pre-ordered through us or were an early backer, you MUST upgrade through our website. There are no refunds or exchanges for buying through Steam. There is no way for us to process upgrades from Steam to our company purchase system. Go to http://store.uberent.com and login with your UberNet account if you wish to upgrade.
  15. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

The combat livestream made me buy the cosmic limited edition - this one made me sure I made the right decision. Awesome news all around, I am very happy that I will be able to redeem my key on steam.
  16. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Will be there any way to mod camera and strategic zoom in alfa? (Propably not :) )
  17. comham

comham Active Member

Really liking the balance between poofy dust clouds and fire in the unit death explosions. Just right. Some of the time it seemed there was a bit too much "flarey brightness" though
  18. ravetampon

ravetampon New Member

I guess we will get a mail when the alpha becomes available for the early backers?
  19. paprototype

paprototype Member

A question that I would like to see answered is about defending your base against long range attacks such as artillery.
    I would like to know if there is a possible way to protect against such threats?
    (besides hunting them down and killing them)
    The reason I ask this is because there will be no shields, and I wonder if there might be some other posibillities.
  20. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You answered your own question.

There are other options, but they boil down to the same thing really;

- You can Scout your opponent often to see when he starts building a big Artillery piece so you can go and kill it before it fires.

-You can spread your base out so you have more time to go and kill it before it does a lot of damage to your base.

-You can build your own Artillery piece so you don't have to go anywhere to kill it.

-Preemptively build your base behind a Natural shield(Terrain) to protect your base.

The Artillery is naturally going to be balanced knowing there won't be shields, don't worry about it so much until it actually turns out to be OP or UP.

Mike
    Last edited: May 18, 2013