LiveStream: May 17th, 2013 & Post Livestream Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, May 10, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

When: 1PM Pacific Daylight Time
    (Replace London with your own city in this link: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=What time is 1PM Pacific Daylight Time in London?)
    Where: http://twitch.tv/uberchannel

What: Not telling much. Yet. Gameplay update, review some work in progress items, and.. more. Oohhhhhh.. sekrit.

Why? Because awesome.

[flash=853,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/nCRA1ae5WWQ?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0[/flash]

Unlocked. This is the home of the official Q&A for today's livestream.
  2. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

I all ways enjoy game play updates ;)
  3. sophismata

sophismata New Member

How are you going to integrate the Uberlab with Steam? Doesn't Steam require you to sell paid DLC through them? Are you intending to use the Steam workshop?

Game's looking fantastic, by the way :)
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Very good stream! The planetary system looks great!
  5. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

So alpha June 7th then? :D
  6. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

The shoutout... I'm honoured. Really... I'm blown away.
    Not sure what I've done to be called "Favourite" but I'll take the compliment. Guess I make an impression :lol:

Thank you Everyone at Uber! All of you are MY favourite guys in the world :D

I have questions, but I'll chew on them a little first. Gotta deflate my head before I start posting :p
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  7. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

nice show :)

i think your desicition to go for reddit for the Q&A was a good move too.

realy looking forward to june 7th :D:D:D
  8. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

The Moooonn !

Waiting to try all this !
  9. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

So for Linux users ... on the Steam page we've got Windows and Mac specs. I use 64 bit Ubuntu. Will I be able to run the alpha?

Edit: also, great Q&A this time! And the game is looking fantastic - seeing that moon and the planet and all, looks like this is coming along really well.
  10. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Same, i despise reddit, but atleast it helps with the flow, and lets them reach a bigger audience.. So it's all good.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Reddit Q&A seems pretty useful to me. Nice stream.
    So alpha = 7. June now? That means 3 more weeks of painful waiting :S
  12. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

its 3rd livestream where i want to get answer for my question:

How exacly strategic zoom will work? Like in livestream or you guys want to add camera rotation to simulate movement into direction where player is pointing? Or maybe you want to do it in other way.
  13. japporo

japporo Active Member

It's definitely exciting to see PA coming along!

The move to a ammunition based system for aircraft is intriguing, making air actions based on a cycle of making an airstrike and then retreating to rearm. On the defensive, it seems that players would have to manage cycling loaded and depleted fighters in and out of battle, making things more complex. It'll be interesting to see how that works.

One question not addressed during the livestream: Will the modding API and documentation be available for the initial alpha release or is that coming at a later date?
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We can't really answer this yet, because we're still working on it. We have a lot of ideas, but honestly, by the time we get the ability to really reply, you'll hopefully already have it in your hands. :)
  15. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

so, i will try work on that more in my free time, who knows, maybe this wil help you ;)
  16. chrislove01

chrislove01 Member

17. xredster

xredster New Member

Couple of questions that have been bothering me for a while now.

Since there's not going to be multiple factions is army 'costumization' going to be more flexible? Something like a WH40K Dawn of War style army painter, just to add variety and a personal touch to your armies in online battles? Would be mighty handy in the large 40 player battles.

Will diplomacy be a thing? Will I be able to form alliances and break them to stab my ''friends'' in the back? Can I demand units/structures/resources as a peace offer from them?

If diplomacy is a thing, will resource sharing be optimized? In Forged Alliance only the excess mass/energy created by you or an ally of yours would be shared amongst your team. Would it be able to make it so that I can maybe adjust sliders so that I give away 5% of my metal/energy income per time increment (maybe even to just one specific player in my team)?
  18. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Will it only be available via steam? Steam is nothing but a giant DRM. EDIT: Impulsiveness.
    How did reddit work out?
  19. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I talked a little about this topic here, though not directly answering the question:
    viewtopic.php?p=720253#p720253

A more direct answer is the camera is something we're continuing to experiment with.
  20. salith

salith New Member

Why the slip from Q2 to end of Q3? Was so looking forward to this game and now would have to wait even longer :(