Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. sempermax

sempermax New Member

To the people who have alpha access, congrats and have fun.

To the people (like me) who are waiting for the beta, do not worry our time will come!!!!!!!
  2. skarloc

skarloc New Member

When I read this, I thought "Woohoo, Alpha's out" :D . Since I havn't yet received any codes, I can only assume I misunderstood... :cry: I should have read "To the people who will have alpha access"...
  3. xivai

xivai New Member

For a split second I had the same reaction, but then I sad. :(
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Soon! Patience, all. :)
  5. thedbp

thedbp Member

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

but alpha friday? maybe?
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Ahhh counting down the days and preparing for it, can't wait! Looking forward to the livestream tomorrow too!
  7. therishka

therishka New Member

I really need the exact date of alpha :D So i can take a vacation in this period;)
  8. tgslasher

tgslasher New Member

This. As long as the date comes out at least a week before I will be happy. Not easy trying to juggle 2 jobs and try out an alpha. GW2 was a painfull process of releasing the beta weekends on American weekends so you had to take time off work to get beta access for more then 1 day :(

I hope this Alpha will be open for a little while, as 1 American weekend is no fun for us Aussies.
  9. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Don't get too excited about an 'alpha release date'

If you're lucky, you might be able to play on that day. It's more likely that 15 things will go wrong when 1,000 people try to connect to the Uber servers, and Uber will be taking that valuable alpha test data and putting it to good use... while we wait patiently for a new build.
  10. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

Yeah, I wouldn't book vacation time for the Alpha. It's unstable, really not much to play with. More searching for bugs, crashing, balancing, all that fun stuff. I'm probably going to book my vacation when Galactic Conquest is running stable, probably late beta.
  11. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

12. Cryonicfire

Cryonicfire Member

You know what would be cool, if they make the main screen like dawn of war.
    Have your commander in the background and have the options on the side and so forth. Also have things going on in the background doing with space. :p
  13. akaahn

akaahn New Member

Could someone clarify for me:

People who backed the game in KS have to wait for Alpha access, unless you backed at the $90 option.
    But people who pre-order through Steam early-access get immediate access?

If this is how it is, then that's kinda scummy...
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The idea is that for backers they're rolling it out earlier I believe.

Mike
  15. akaahn

akaahn New Member

Yeah, but what about people who didn't get the $90 pack?
    Do we get access on June 7th or do we have to wait?
  16. KNight

Which 90$ pack? I think the idea is that it goes like this;

KS Backers(starting with the most expensive pledge levels and working down)
    then
    Pre-Orders(starting with the most expensive Pre-orders and working down)
    then
    Steam Early Access(starting on June 7th)

Mike
  17. akaahn

akaahn New Member

The $90 kickstarter.
    What I'm wondering is if people who backed for less than $90(pledges that didn't include Alpha keys) get access before or at June 7th.
  18. KNight

If they don't already have Alpha Access and don't Upgrade via the Uber Store the only way they can is via Steam Early Access, which doesn't start until the 7th.

EDIT: Also unless they are doing something different Steam's Early Access also involves purchasing the game, so no one 'automatically' gets into Alpha, they still need to purchase the game.

Mike
  19. akaahn

akaahn New Member

And that's what I mean with scummy.
    People who put their money down to support the devs and help make this game happen and maybe even pledged more than what the game will actually cost, take a backseat to people who just sat back and waited and pay what, $20 on steam.
  20. KNight

That's one way of looking at it, but as you said, with the KS backers and Pre-orders, the game wouldn't have happened at all, and the more money Uber gets out of PA, the better game Uber gets to make(and leads to OTHER games Uber can make as well) so I don't see an issue, it also helps get more people involved which is important for testing, especially considering how there are billions of potential combinations of hardware for PCs.

I don't feel that my pledge is in any way de-valued by this. If anything it's shown just how far we have been able to push this project.

Mike