how is this game still a thing that people play daily

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by SHStiger, May 8, 2013.

1. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

2. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

I believe the same general question of "How do people still play this game?" has been asked multiple times. Expect the same answers.
  3. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

4. manslayer52

manslayer52 Member

Maybe people still like playing this game?
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

welcome back, again tiger.

private matches died out for a month or two but they're back up in action recently.
  6. woyldman

woyldman New Member

Most people I know (the vets) only play MNC when private matches are happening, which is usually at the weekend. Randy toon and Feedle I believe are still finding players in public games who want actually want to play private matches.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

To an extent.
  8. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I don't feel like writing papers due tomorrow, so I somehow ended up here.
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Because it's still fun. I dunno, I can't really explain it either. Once I get bored of a game, I usually never go back to it. If I do, I quickly remember why I got bored of it and move on. With this game though, I don't seem to have that problem.
  10. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Black Ops 2 >>>>>
  11. truckus

truckus New Member

i am addicted to every facet of MNC. the game itself, the rivalries, pursuit of excellence, the drama, the plain old fun of the game and the laughs.

i forgot who it was but i ran into a decent mid-prestige player a few days ago and i was tearing it up as assault on G3 when i suddenly got insta-striked by him while chasing someone else and i dropped my controller because i was laughing so hard at my own demise.

ive never been more addicted to a game and only bought a 360 for MNC and L4D1 after playing on a friends system. left 4 dead is well...dead. so now i only keep the 360 around for MNC. if you check my gamer score you'll see i have like 5 games that ive EVER played and i never buy new games. im a SNES/handheld gamer so if i spend cash on games its only towards things like that.

basically im not selling my xbox so i can keep dealing with all the wondeful a**holes that play MNC. i just wish my RL schedule allowed me more time to participate in PMs.
    hungrypoemz likes this.
  12. joker

joker Active Member

The game just has great replay value. I also enjoy the people I play with. I will also never, ever get tired of wave after wave of people who think they are hot shlt that step into a private match and get drastically humbled. You either get a decent regular to keep coming back or some great rage and satisfaction
  13. feedle

feedle Post Master General

I havnt had time to get new people involved but you got a decent amount of new age regular pm players who will get better the more and more they play.

Now when i play a pm i see the ball drop and its almost impossible to get it back up no matter what you do.

Cudos to those players..

Also see alot of older players still playing like Velka, chroncaust etc
    Also many new players in pubs who ive never seen but the weekly is flooded with new players or at least alts of old ones.

As for getting the pms going i dont have the time due to life right now and weekends are my time. Glad others are stepping up in hosting, picking players and being captains.
  14. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

I highly doubt there is a hidden gem in public games with immense potential for 2 reasons. First this game is 3 years old so all the new players will get destroyed by regular players. You are basicly better off getting someone like chron1caust to play pms. Secondly people in pms can only get as good as their competition. Example, if i play with/against pro Halo players only i would get good extremely fast but if i only played public matches i would be only as good as those people.

Moral of the post: Surround yourself with better players than yourself and you will soon become better or just as good as them.
  15. shs

shs New Member

Stop it

also this forum sucks and won't let me log in to my other name
  16. botpunch2les

botpunch2les Active Member

I actually agree with this.

Before I started playing pms regularly I was pretty terrible with most classes.

Now I'm waaaaaaay worse.
  17. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Twas I