Exclusive Commanders

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mechaphantom, May 4, 2013.

1. mechaphantom

mechaphantom New Member

I a little confused and worried I recently found the backers sight and saw an alpha commander and Progenitor Commander listed as backers only robots. I love exclusive bling and was sad I missed out on those two skins. A couple days ago I bought the 250 edition and it listed 4 robot commanders instead of two. Is this a mistake or do the 250 tiers get the backer commanders too? On site doesn’t list the p commander and alpha commander a include but in check out it does.

I confused please help.

Here my receipt

CHECKOUT
    SHOPPING CART
    ITEM PRICE QTY
    Planetary Annihilation - Cosmic Limited Edition
    Alpha Commander
    • Planet Named After You
    • Commemorative Game Box
    • SignedArtBook
    Progenitor Commander
    • Art Book Digital Download
    • Theta Commander
    • Three Pack Minatures
    • Alpha Game Key (alpha, beta and retail access)
    • Backer T-Shirt
    • Name in the Credits
    • Delta Commander $250.00 1
    Total: $250.00
    BACK

PURCHASE CONFIRMATION
    ORDER ID
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    PURCHASE DATE
    5/4/2013
    ITEM PRICE QTY
    Cosmic Limited Edition
    • Art Book Digital Download
    • SignedArtBook
    • Three Pack Minatures
    Progenitor Commander
    Alpha Commander
    • Name in the Credits
    • Theta Commander
    • Backer T-Shirt
    • Alpha Game Key (alpha, beta and retail access)
    • Delta Commander
    • Commemorative Game Box
    • Planet Named After You $250.00 1
    Total: $250.00

Also on site it says name 2 planets but on order form it lists one.
  2. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Don't know, but honestly you guys paying $250 deserve them. Especially since you get physical loot like the t-shirt and art-books with those commanders depicted on them.
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. willyko

willyko New Member

I think we get two commanders.
    The Theta commander, which is the pre-order exclusive and the Delta commander, which is exclusive to the Cosmic Limited edition.

Edit: Scratch that, I just checked my receipt and it does say:
    Progenitor Commander
    Alpha Commander
    Delta Commander
    Theta Commander

So I don't know either. Though this could be a mistake as the the Cosmic edition only specifies the Delta and Theta. :)
  4. ashua666

ashua666 New Member

I got a bit confused by this also. The pre-order thing is a little confusing and it would be nice to get some commentary from Uber on whether the 250 backers do get all four commanders or just two.
  5. mechaphantom

mechaphantom New Member

There a lot of points I'd like someone to who works with company answer.

Like 4 commanders and how it says two planets on add but one planet on receipt. There a lot of conflicting info, I sent an email to them and pmed a employee but we'll see. I already bought 250 so even if it results I don't like I stuck with it.
  6. willyko

willyko New Member

The planet naming information has been covered elsewhere on the forum, use the search function.
  7. mechaphantom

mechaphantom New Member

I did a search the only official post I found is someone saying they didn't see why they couldn't use both but didn't find any answer yes or no that I could understand.

Plus I more interested in the commander question, I'd love both my names to be used but if I get 4 commanders and one planet I good with that too.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You put down two names for a planet, in case one is already taken or not appropriate. Only one is used (the first, unless it can't be).
  9. v41gr

v41gr Member

there's the theta commander and the delta commander
  10. cjinxed

cjinxed Member

Having checked my receipt I can also confirm it says all four commanders. I am just assuming that the Pre-Orders also count as backing, some of us weren't able to do the Kickstarter and the Cosmic Edition is only for a limited time so I am glad that Uber are doing it this way (Providing it was intentional)

I see it as a them caring about their future players, something it's good to see from a company nowadays.

I look forward to trying out all the commanders and finding the one that I like to play with most :)
  11. mechaphantom

mechaphantom New Member

Would like Uber to spell out how many commanders each tier gets, epically the 250 tier sense so many receipt list sever more commanders than were originally listed for us.
  12. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

Confirmed on the Uber Store page:
    Theta Commander: available to all pre-orders

Delta Commander: only available to the $90+ kickstarter and $250 Cosmic pre-order

Unconfirmed, my speculation is:
    Alpha Commander: may only be available to those with alpha access? I have it on my $90 kickstarter package

Progenitor Commander: intended as a kickstarter backer exclusive, looks like it is also on the Cosmic Edition as well. TBH if you're willing to pay $250 for the Cosmic, I think it's only fair you get the Progenitor too ;)
  13. mechaphantom

mechaphantom New Member

I'd like a hard confirm on alpha and Progenitor Commander.
  14. tanksy

tanksy Member

I'm not sure if this thread is complaining that we're getting four commanders instead of two or not.

It seems silly to be complaining. When we spent £161 ($250) on Cosmic Edition, are you really going to be bothered about getting more than you payed for?

The fact is we get four commanders. Cool. Do the commanders have different weapons or are they all just skins?

Also about the planet naming; I've asked about it, and the response was that the latter will be used if the first is inappropriate.
  15. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Information
    ----
    They are not just Skins. Neutrino has confirmed that every Commander has a unique combination of abilities. The Alpha, Progenitor, Theta and Delta will have a combination of abilities/powers that are particular to them.

These powers are still present in the basic "pool" of Commanders available to everyone, however the exact combination present in the Alpha, Progenitor, Theta and Delta might not be replicated at release.

This is the current knowledge that we're aware of. If Neutrino has changed his mind since this information was confirmed by him, then he has not spoken of it yet.
    ----
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  16. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Fixed. ;p

Also you can check this thread for more info; Commanders and what we know so far.

Mike
  17. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Cheers Mike, Updated.