1. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

No, dude. Charge 3 is a strategy used against scrubs. In pub matches. For purposes of pubstomping.

And I have pubstomped a bad team while on a bad team before. It doesn't take much.
  2. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Charge 3 is fine. Its a tradeoff, since you can either do a powerful grapple on the end of the movement, or do good damage (enough to one shot armorless assassins) without the pin down of the grapple.

And the "You don't face many good players" thing is freaking crap too. "Good" players are just as prone to distraction, it doesn't mean ANYTHING towards the effectiveness/vulnerability of the charge grapple. I've used it against 'good' players and let me tell you: I got to use it FAR less as an "offensive" tool against them as I rarely got close enough to charge them.

Charge 3 is brilliant against assassins, whom it sends into the stratosphere with extreme prejudice. Charge 2? Not so much. Great against unarmored assassins, but people who try to backstab you with one are the pubs who generally don't know assassin that well.
  3. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Good players will be grouped together enough to kill any Assault sticking around long enough to charge grapple someone, especially since he doesn't have a charge to get away.

The only thing I would ever be stationary that long for is the annihilator.
  4. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Stop telling me what I'm doing is wrong when what I do clearly gets me MVP nearly every game. At least I acknowledge both sides of the argument here.
  5. Grec

Grec New Member

Finally, another sensible person.

Amen.
  6. Grec

Grec New Member

I hereby claim Ninja Wallace to be they best Assault in this thread. Anybody that plays like me is good.

/thread.
  7. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

The other side of the argument is: Are people juicing a lot in your base? Then maybe grab charge 3.

Getting MVP in pubs doesn't make you better than every good Assault I know. I ain't tryin' to harsh no one's mellow, I'm just tellin' it like it is.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

well the flip-side is: ii pull mvp in most pub matches i play in and i DONT buy it, so...
  9. Polynomial

No one plays this game team on team. Its too difficult to get a group together.
  10. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I don't see how that has anything to do with what I said, but I'm still going to laugh at it.

lol
  11. Cheesecakecrush

Even when I'm on a trashy team, its rare that more than 2 people on the other team are in the same general area to fight me. And when there are more than 2, I find I rarely get a chance to charge them, and charging into a group of enemies is suicide anyway. A jump charge is far more effective for getting away as you get more distance, and when you do this it disables the grapple at the end.

I will readily upgrade to charge 3 if I'm facing alot of assassins, if I'm finding myself needing to charge frequently since its recharge is faster, or we're getting juice rushed more often than just occasionally. Landing regular grapples is much tougher to land than one on the end of a very fast forward rush.

Plus an aspect I think is getting ignore is if you're on a good team, you're not alone either. Maybe a gunner is coming up behind you shooting those who would shoot you during your animation. Whatever.

Point is, Charge 3's grapple makes you vulnerable in situations where you'd normally be vulnerable. Using it defensively increases its utility, as the Assault's real power comes from his bomb and his Rifle. Charge is mobility and defensive damage. Charge 3 doesn't diminish this unless you're already in a situation that would be difficult to survive. Even then, it might give you a chance at a ring-out that you otherwise wouldn't have picked up. Plus, its probably the best way to delay a juicer besides a gunner slam, since that stuns the enemy.
  12. Polynomial

I'm wrong, you're right. I'm way worse than you, I admit it.
  13. slingshot279

slingshot279 New Member

14. xX Ript3r Xx

xX Ript3r Xx New Member

I totally agree
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

Assaults are OP in the sense that no class really counters it. Some examples of countering are Assault > Sniper, Sniper > Gunner/Tank, Tank > Assassin. Nothing really counters the Assault.
  16. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

This mainly.

The only thing that i can see needing change is his passive crit shots, it really does melt things far too fast. Gold health tank with fully upgraded passive can be melted in 3-5 seconds easily.

Bomb and charge are fine as is though (imho).

As for counters, Assault counters almost half the classes, but he himself is countered by none.
  17. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

You could say the same thing about Tank. Also, an Assault vs Gunner battle is at least 6-4 in the Gunner's favour.
  18. Cheesecakecrush

Gunner counters Tank.
  19. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Not necessarily true. Depends on the range.
  20. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Ehhh. I wouldn't say that. Assaults have OP bombs, OP charges, and can fly around the gunner. Honestly the Assault is my worst matchup, mostly because they can hit and run.