No Camera shake is used in the last Livestream?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by freemangl, May 5, 2013.

1. freemangl

freemangl Member

I think Camera shake effect on the large explosion or a zoomed in small explosion could improve the battle feel and handing a lot.

Please add Camera shake effect on them.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They might add such things later, when they are polishing the game. However I can remember that there was a discussion somewhere about camera shake, cause too much of it can be pretty annoying.
  3. dallonf

dallonf Active Member

Patience! This game is SO early in development right now that you shouldn't expect anything. I'm just impressed that we're not watching little white cubes floating around killing each other.
  4. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

I thought the Commander's double-explosion created a sense of weight that removed the need for camera shake. Big units having one small explosion that represents their armour being penetrated and shortly after a second larger one that, say, represents an ammo cook-off or a fuel containment breech works. SupCom's explosions were pretty, but they lacked a bit of punch.

Yurgen Jurgensen: Certified explosionologist.
  5. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Obviously they had the screen shaker off getting Sprite for the rest of the crew. Otherwise it would have definitely been in there!
  6. Nelec

Nelec Member

Yes, I would imagine a small thing like camera shake is the back their minds right now.
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

We were going to show off camera shake in the livestream, but we realized the shaking of the monitor doesn't show up on the capture card so we decided to postpone that feature.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

This is in the running for Best Dev Response Ever.

Mike
  9. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Not this camera shake thing again. If it has to be done it should be done sparingly and very subtle, this is not a Bourne film.
  10. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I for one feel that camera shake adds a lot to imersion. I think it was done really well in TA:
    It only occured on huge explosions and was very short, but it gave nuke impacts and commander deaths that extra bit ;)
  11. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

This is what quality QA testing & iterative development looks like folks!
  12. stormfury

stormfury Member

I would prefer this being optional vs forced upon everyone. This could have a bad effect for players who have motion sickness to contend with.
  13. mkultr4

mkultr4 Member

I definitely agree that if it is implemented you should be able to enable/disable it. It could interfere with competitive play.
  14. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

Yes. Should be an easy option to select on or off. Lots of fun to have when not in competitive play, though :D
  15. asgo

asgo Member

I personally prefer milkshakes instead of camera shakes..
    I know people make shakes out of anything now, but I don't think glass and electric components taste that well ... at least it would be a low-calorie diet.
  16. dallonf

dallonf Active Member

At least it's better than a Harlem shake.
  17. tgslasher

tgslasher New Member

My supcom days were basically LANs at my friends house. The camera would shake a bit here and there and toward the end I was basically "build, build, build, repair, repair, build, hide, hide, run away!!!!" and the camera got to a point where it would almost always be shaking. It was epic.

Don't really care for a toggle or not, but having this in would make my day :).
  18. Moranic

Moranic Member

If it's done right it's absolutely fantastic. I'd like to see something similar to Supcom 2 but a bit less.
  19. tidus1492

tidus1492 Member

the first thing I did in a game of TA was +noshake so if you are adding camera shake make sure to have noshake in there