DIY Custom Commander Mods

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by firebladed, May 6, 2013.

1. firebladed

firebladed New Member

Thinking about custom commanders and unfortunately not having the budget for one. If i want one i would have to mod one, assuming "DIY custom commanders" are possible via modding and it would only be of use if other people could see it without having to download and install the mod manually.

which lead me to thinking

Could "DIY Custom Commander" mods be separate from other mods and be self contained, by default without any dependencies.

and could there be an "automatic delivery system" where server could automatically distribute "DIY custom commanders" to clients missing them. (server settings allowing) and subject to "sensible values" verification.
  2. thapear

thapear Member

The problem with that is that custom commanders can have slightly different stats than others. If they're automatically distributed, you could create a very OP commander and win every game.
    While the sensible values verification might mitigate the issue, it'll always be there.
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Hello min/max. My name is munchkin. We're going to have a grand time.
  4. firebladed

firebladed New Member

hmm, one possible way around that is

for default ruleset you must inherit the "DIY custom commander" stats from an existing predefined commander.
  5. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

What Im gonna do for my commander, is use a preexisting commander, change up the model, maybe some abilities, the name, aaaand I think that would be it :p

That way, its already balanced.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So the whole point of using a per-existing commander goes right out the window then?

Mike
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I want a commander who wears Cheston's beach leech outfit with 80's shades. He will hold a longdrink in his hand and nanolathe from its straw. For protection against artillery he'll use a surfboard. A rocket-propelled jetski will allow him to move to another planet. If he gets an order he will confirrm it with: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." :cool:
  8. tgslasher

tgslasher New Member

I wanted a custom commander, but didn't find out about this game till after the kickstart had ended :(.

A commander with 2 swords on his back MUHAHAHHAHHAHAH!!!!