Own Colour scheme.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by protactical, May 4, 2013.

1. protactical

protactical New Member

1:
    So I was thinking. Will you be able to decide the colour shown on your own units?.
    Like you can do in Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. Were you decide what colour the armour is in different positions. Like making a pink army... :lol:

2:
    And as a different question will you be able to set the colour of friendly and enemy units icons?.
    Like you can in Planetside 2 map. Were you can set the map icons colour to any colour you want, so friendly's is blue and enemy is red or if you want have all the enemy icons to be green and friendly's to be black?.

It comes down to that instead of having fixed colours, people can chose what colours they like themselves or what colours are best suited for them.
  2. apocatequil

apocatequil Member

My two cents on the matter is that this is an excellent idea. But maybe not to the full extent of something like Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War or Armored Core. Because that mix of Grays and Saturated colors that the units in the kickstarter video had is just awesome. So I'm for just lots of heavily saturated, colorful colors on gray. lol
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Based on what we've seen/been told from the last two LiveStreams(April 19th and May 3rd) Units will have 2 'Team Colors'(akin to how it was done [visually] in SupCom2) but as to how that system will be implemented yet we don't know, the color selections might be 'pre-paired up' or we can individually select both, we just don't know yet.

Mike
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. archer6110

archer6110 Member

Where I know it's still speculation, my opinion is that having the ability to select the colors will make combat 20% cooler :) 2 selections would be fine, seemed to work well for the live stream.

also during the live stream he mentioned that he almost had a certain teams colors, but made them brighter so they could be seen. Possibly suggesting such a system is current WIP or such... again speculation but enough to make me happy!
  5. slimexpert

slimexpert New Member

My 2 cents

I would like to see enemy icons in different colors for different opponents, not all red, you will know that some enemies are more important than others. Noob vs Master. You would want to kill the Master first, if you go for the Noob, you will be toast, in your weakened state, when the master shows up.

Now, on a 40 player game, that might be challenging, though, I guess it is not 40 players on the same planet to start with.

(and just to clarify, I am usually the Noob / poor player)

Slim
  6. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

:| I don't know about making your own color. Fighting 39 red people in a game might be difficult when i choose red.