Adopt a Noob

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Fojib270, December 31, 2010.

?

Would you like to see Adopt a Noob up and running?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    94.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

Just an idea but would anyone be interested in helping with an Adopt a Noob program? With the surge of new players i think it would be a great way to help keep mnc alive :) I would love to see it going but i have no idea if its what the community would want to do or not so ill just make a poll and if you think its a good idea just vote yea or post up your name if you wouldn't mind being on the the "teacher" list, or if you would be willing to learn.

Either way if it gets going or not you can add me gt: Fojib270 ill be willing to help anyone who wants to learn more about how to play the game :)

Basically what Adopt a Noob is
    You have a list of veteran players and a list of people new to the game. Each vet gets paired up with a noob and plays some games with him teaching him whatever and helping him out. Adopt a Noob was originally used to help keep Shadowrun alive which was later picked up by halo 3 and gears of war 2 players and became really successful with good results. (i think that about sums it up xD)
  2. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I'd like to see it up and running and I'm willing to adopt a noob player for either 360 or PC.
  3. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

LuLz. I'm actually the person who came up with this concept back in SR <3
  4. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

lol thats cool i never knew who started it
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

What's the salary?
  6. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I will adopt Miss Informed.
  7. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

500 monday night combat dollars
  8. slingshot279

slingshot279 New Member

what if im really good at playing one character but not at another? could someone teach me how to use that class? if not i wouldn't mind being a teacher.
  9. MCDayC

MCDayC New Member

I'd like to be adopted!
    Got the game yesterday on the Xbox discount, but I had been eyeing it up for awhile now.
    Enjoying it loads, when I can get a game, cause for some reason Host Migration happens and fails every. single. game.
    Other than that, I am really enjoying it!
  10. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

OMIGAWD someone adopt me! Prefferably a good Sniper or Assassin. I've already been taught as a noob Gunner and Assault by a REALLY good player and I still fail as them. So maybe I'm not teachable now that I think of it...

lol so tired from work I accidently wrote 'boob' not 'noob' yay at my immaturity at giggling at that
  11. Nayr

Nayr New Member

Mikey iP
  12. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

No. Mikey made a thread called "Operation Revival" or some **** like that basically saying "we needz to growz da community!"(when he'd just came back 2 days prior), and in it I made a post saying that the best way to help the community would be to bring in unknown players into privates. He made the first thread, but he quit SR(for the 3rd time) a week later and abandoned the thread(a real help to the community!). The fact that people think he started it, is quite hilarious, seeing as I got the idea of bringing randoms into privates from Czarkasm, I posted saying more people should do it, and IcedBlue gave it the name. For him to get any sort of credit is ignorant.

Good try though Ryan. You almost know what you're talking about when it comes to Shadowrun, but not quite. Probably because you quit the game almost as often as Mikey
  13. represent601

represent601 New Member

I dont mind adopting somebody who wants to learn assassin. and very little tank, honestly I just read hudsons guide and thats how I play, so I should probably just stick to teaching assassins. If you want help with them just send me a friend invite and msg me.

gt: xRepresent 601x :D
  14. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I'd like to adopt a noob too! It's always fun making new friends, especially when you can teach somebody about something you like.
  15. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

I can give general "this will make you play the class better" tips for pretty much everything but sniper/assault/defensivesupport, all of whom i seem to be rather bad with (well im... neutral with sniper).

Also i dont think i would be a very good tank/gunner teacher, though maybe i would... im okay/good with them.

Only two classes im really confident about giving out good advice for is offensive support and the assassin.

I already helped a random out with some offensive support tips today, he was quite happy and got a fair bit better.

If anyone wants help, just send me an invite if im on, please dont flood my messages...
  16. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

What do you play as? If you don't play as Support, I could give you a few tips, if you would be willing to show me a few things about your class. :)
  17. slingshot279

slingshot279 New Member

id actually like some tips on the support, but i was aiming for the assault.
    i can teach you how to play the tank and assassin and be a pro :D
  18. FB Zombie Chaos

That sounds cool. I would like to be a better azazin. Make other classes rage like they do to me sometimes. A good azazin is rage inducing to me. :)
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Haha, so this is what "Adopt a Noob" really means. Last night before I went online I seen the title of this thread, I got into a party and we made a joke about it. A couple games later we had a level 0 on our team, we referenced the joke again and invited him into the party. For about 4-5 games he had 4 of us just feeding him with info. By that 5th games he knew what he was doing. Surprisingly he was liking the Tank and not Assassin. Hr tag was The Jazz Dalek. lol

Anyways, yes I'd be in for this. I can help them with general and class specific knowledge.
  20. FB Zombie Chaos

:lol: That's awesome. Who all was in your party?