List of Mods

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by indigowd, May 3, 2013.

1. indigowd

indigowd New Member

Hey now,

does anyone know if there is a list of mods anywhere? At this point I would assume the mods are pretty much only on the planning stage, but still, it would be interesting to see a list of projects and what they hope to bring to the scene.

If no such list exists, maybe it is time it was created.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Maybe the game should be released first? :p
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Once we get tot the point where mods can actually be made you can be sure I will be pushing for a fleshed Subforum setup and threads like this one I created for Supreme Commander:FA Released Mods List V2.

Mike
  4. puga1999

puga1999 New Member

hi ppl... if you are waiting for good mods for PA, check out stevekozie's PAhomage... he's planning to make a mod out of this con... would be nice, wouldn't it?
  5. syox

syox Member

o_O tf
  6. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

ultimate wish -

A full conversion mod that turns PA into an updated Command and Conquer Red Alert 2! That game had the best art style I've ever seen, so much personality!

Other ideas - a full conversion mod that turns PA into a more exploration and construction based game a-la "dwarf fortress"
  7. archer6110

archer6110 Member

Any kind of list of "planned mods" would be literally pointless at this stage.

Having no idea what will be available in the finished game means any planning/work into making a mod at this stage is nearly pointless, since chances are you've done it wrong and will have to re-do most of the work once the game releases.

On top of that there's the thought "will my mod even be needed?" you spend all this time and energy making what you think is a perfectly balanced conversion mod with a ton of cool features, and for all you know Uber's already added the majority of it all to the game cause they thought of it similarly, and you didn't know cause it's NOT RELEASED.

Just wait for the game to be released before you ask about mods. If some talented people have a good mod idea and they're actually capable of delivering, they're smart enough to wait for the game to be finished before they would give any sort of speculation themselves short of "wouldn't it be cool if _____ theme was present?"

Lastly Puga1999, no where on Steve's blog does he say "Hey, I'm making a mod" rather he said "I had intended to try and get in on a decent modding team when TA is released. We'll just have to see where I am in my career at that point." Basically he'd like to, but isn't planning on it at this time, so don't get your hopes up until after PA's released.
  8. 0z1k

0z1k New Member

Hey guys. I'm the one who whipped these up (post haste) back when PA was still in it's kickstarter phase. I got props from Mavor and the team after I shared them on Reddit's PlanetaryAnnihilation sub.

While I had not specifically slated these models for a mod, I do have ambitions of joining a modding team once PA is released. Since Uber has refined their visual style, I think these would be insufficient to pass as game assets, and would have to adjust mine accordingly.

My skill set is limited to Modeling, texturing, and animation, but if anyone gets a solid modding team together that needs an extra hand generating models, feel free to contact me. You can refer to either my blog or personal website for samples of my work.
  9. apocatequil

apocatequil Member

I'm just going to throw this out there, even though it sounds like the programming involved would make me cry blood and pull all my hair out.... But someone mentioned this game, and well...

Planetary Annihilation:
    Achron Mod

I don't have the chops to make it. But the idea of time travel and space travel in one strategy game just blows my mind.
  10. syox

syox Member

My experience tells me: artists (models, textures,....) are THE great bottleneck in nearly all game modding related plannings.

You are welcome if you want to create some units/buildings for this. :)