Sniper Bronze Clip>Sniper Bronze skill regen

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Grec, December 30, 2010.

1. Grec

Grec New Member

I see Snipers rolling around with RoF, Armor and Skill when they should be using Clip bronze(Cough pohtaytoes)

Anyways heres what I think about it. You're going to be giving up your SMG for it to take 2 less seconds for your flak or traps to come back. I see some people saying that they use the Sniper Rifle for close range too, but that's kinda hard to do on Assassin's rushing towards you. It'd be a better option to bunnyhop backwards and shoot them with the SMG. Bronze clip also makes juice rushing more effective, even when juiced without bronze clip I find that I have to reload between kills.

Another reason why Clip Size>Skill Regen is for bot clearing. If you have Gold RoF, that makes your bot killing tool even better. Speaking of Gold RoF, if you're using Gold RoF that's going to strengthen your automatic weapon 10x.

Who else agrees with me?
    Last edited: December 30, 2010
  2. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

These are the only two bronze skills I use on my sniper.
  3. F5in

F5in New Member

Skill regen really does help with the ice traps a lot. It's great if you want to be more offensive and a fag with your traps.
  4. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Just throwing this out there grec, all you go for is kills, a higher clip won't help you harass and push away pros like you should be doing, or killing bots/turrents, flak is amazing at all of those, ice traps are amazing, if not broken when used right, and the sniper grapple is a death machine
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I disagree with you Grec.
    I believe that the endorsements you use depend mainly on your play style. Having said that Bronze Clip cannot be greater than Skill 100% of the time. I've seen snipers go 20-2 (-ish) with Gold skill, Silver armor and Bronze whatever.
  6. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

You'se guys better hope that the pc nerf to the sniper rifle doesn't happen because everyone here will be using clip size.

5 shots....
  7. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

It was Bronze rate of fire...
  8. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Bronze accuracy is the best. Skills are alright, your gunner takes out turrets just fine, your ice traps have a quick cooldown by default, and your grapple is useless against good players. Accuracy helps your SMG and makes quick-scoping way easier.
  9. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Bronze clip size gives you four extra sniper rounds and four extra SMG bullets per clip. Not a bad increase, considering these two guns only have 10 bullet clips in the first place, however the SMG's quick reload speed and the fact that many snipers reload the rifle at every chance they get make this benefit fairly minimal. On top of that, as I've gotten better at using the rifle at mid to close range I find that I only switch to the SMG when I'm finishing someone off that only has a couple of shots left, in which case the clip size still doesn't matter.

Bronze skill regen, on the other hand, increases the regen speed of all of your skills by 20%. Not bad, considering I make heavy use of all of the sniper's skills. I can certainly see why some snipers would prefer bronze clip size, however for my play style it's not very useful.

Lies.
  10. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I currently have two Sniper setups for different arenas. Most often I go RoF/Armor/Clip. I like the additional rounds in my SMG. The other setup I've been toying with isn't much different, but more defensive. Usually reserved for spunky or LR, Armor/RoF/Skill. I haven't really noticed the difference in skill regen to be honest. And I'm constantly using my skills for everything, bots, pros, community service. I think I'll just need more time in the lab for testing.

I've also been trying to make a viable SMG build, but haven't really come up with anything better than Armor/RoF/Clip-RoF/Armor/Clip. Anyone ever putz around and come up with a viable Commando build?
  11. Grec

Grec New Member

Ya, but since the Sniper's skill increase is really slow, it only increases it by a few seconds. Also does nobody like using bronze clip for juice rushing?

Sniper 3 and gold rof combined with flak 3 would like to have a word with your turrets.
    Sniper Grapple=/=Death Machine.

12. Grec

Grec New Member

Forgot about this. 5 shots would be unbearable.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i can feel the change from skill to clip. i ran skill for ever, then switched to clip and i used flak heavily and it is weird when you go to use it and it isnt there.
  14. Grec

Grec New Member

Maybe some more testing is in order.

Also, so it's all agreed that the two best Sniper endorsement setups are

Gold RoF, Silver Armor, Bronze Clip
    Gold RoF, Silver Armor, Bronze Skill
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

if you camp then yes, otherwise no.
    i use armor RoF skill
    armor RoF clip
    skill armor RoF
    so far the last one is my preferred build.
  16. Grec

Grec New Member

Gold RoF helps the Sniper. A lot. Especially for clearing lanes and turrets. Bronze RoF is a waste.

And this isn't a twitch shooter, campers aren't a big deal.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It wont. Sniping and Quick-Scoping is a lot more accurate on the PC.
  18. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Assuming these numbers are correct, then gold skill regen is a waste for most any class. Like I said, bronze gives you 20% faster skill regen, but silver only ups that to 25% and gold at 30%. For comparison, bronze RoF increases your RoF by 10%, silver by 25%, and gold by 40%, which is why it makes much more sense to give RoF precedence over skill regen when it comes to choosing endorsements.
  19. Grec

Grec New Member

PohTayToes has spoken!

Btw were are you getting these statistics? I'm assuming from some thread I missed right?
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't know, maybe try clicking on that link there?...