Blue Love: How do we 'fix' The Support?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Cheesecakecrush, December 30, 2010.

1. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

Can someone explain to me what warranted the Air Strike nerf?

I don't get it.
  2. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

About 3 or 4 posts about airstrike spams + release of churros = Airstrike nerf. Uber over reacted on this one, they returned it back to normal for PC, I pray the change comes to XBOX as well.
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Quoted from here.
    Slightly out of context and a little harsh but seems to be relevant.
  4. hostileparadox

Not sure who these a lot were since I never saw too many posts about them. But I can't really argue that.

Case in point, they returned it to normal on the PC version.
  5. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

If you let the support get more money for everything he does or can do you'll be supports hitting the juice machine before any other class. Healing pros for cash and other such just makes him a money whore.

If your going to do anything with the support make it skills or weapon not money adjustments.

Your team should be buying stuff to help out, if they don't well then they arn't a team.

As for them not healing other people that's the player. I'm sure if you all played in a party of friends and asked someone to heal you they would.

You want to fix the support?

I suggest sending a message to that player who let you burned and let them know how you feel.

The topic should be how do we fix the community of support players.
  6. hostileparadox

Well, if you go out of your way to overheal a pro and keep him overhealed so he can do all the killing and get all the money, shouldn't the support that let that happen be compensated for his time?
  7. Shammas

Shammas New Member

You already get money and juice, and if healing someone means going out of your way, you're not a very good support.
  8. hostileparadox

You care to elaborate or are you just dropping rude comments?

When I chase after a pro that is injured to heal him, I am walking away from healing my firebase or turrets or other pros, yes I am going out of my way. I am putting myself in jeopardy so he can keep killing/living.
  9. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

U got a problem with how someone plays support? Do what I do, PLAY SUPPORT.

Seriously. I play support 99.9% of the time. I do this because #1, i'm good at it, #2, I rarely see anyone else who plays it right.

u cant fix stupid
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

It's just you.
  11. Shammas

Shammas New Member

As a support, your job is to be ready to heal anyone at any time. If you are sitting next to a turret healing it instead of your team, you're effectively leaving your team down a player.
  12. hostileparadox

Support has more responsibilities then the other pros. He has to divide his attention.

When pro's are killing they get rewarded for it. Money and juice. When healing, Support only gets juice.
  13. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I can't stand lazy, greedy, or stupid support either. I dunno if u need to be telling people how to do their "job" in a video game tho. I heal my teammates like crazy, so I know I do my "job" as a support. If I want to go on the pubs and shotgun the friggin wall because I feel like being aa moron douche that day, well im gonna do that.

U want a personal babysitter, recruit one and play private matches. If u want a solid support who will d his best to heal u every chance he gets, hit me up, gt immortal303
  14. caseyATL

caseyATL New Member

On the rare occasions when you actually have to choose between letting a turrent fall to enemy fire or letting a Pro die, let the turrent go. Usually this is not the case and you can manage both. But when you can't manage both, always choose the Pros. Is this really in question?

And while getting a small amount of extra money, or juice from healing damage, or Assists for healing during another Pro's kill would be nice, they don't really fundamentally change the way a Support can contribute to the team's overall success.

Some small adjustments to the Support might beef him up a bit, but he is far from a helpless healbot. I completely disagree with the assertion that he is broken at all.
  15. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Same here. As I got better the firebase became less of an issue, I imagine the same thing happened to you.
  16. Shammas

Shammas New Member

The support is supposed to heal them in order for them to do that. That's basically it, and put down a firebase. You aren't supposed to play for your own benefit as a support, you play to support your team.
  17. mute

mute New Member

Slow your roll. You've missed one of the major points entirely and that is due to all the nerf rampaging on the Support an additional & unfortunate side effect has been that he earns money slower than a Gremlin on a sedative. Rewarding the player for H/H'ing a teammate makes perfect sense. You aren't supposed to play for your own benefit as any player.
  18. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Mute nailed it. All this talk about "fixing" the support. You want to be healed so you can rampage as a gunner and work on your k/ ratio? How about covering that support while hacks his firebase? I over heal my team mates like crazy. Get on my team and u'll benefit, guaranteed. You're not gonna be able to "fix" the support so they play the way YOU think they should. I make plenty of money, and I spend most of my time overhealing teammates. The problem isnt with the class, its with the players.
  19. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

You get money for kills and assists. You pick up the money you get on the ground from things. You get money for firebase kills and turret kills. What more do you want?

If you started getting cash for every second you pushed the trigger there would be nothing but juicing supports and level 3 rockets all over the map.

I know there should be something to compensate for healing but support gets the most cash from the firebase as it is.

If you want cash for the hurt/heal gun then heal and switch to hurt beam and get a kill. It's not hard to do. You get an assist for just nailing 1 second of damage to that player you attacked if the guy you heal kills them.

All you have to do is press left trigger and then go right back to right trigger.
  20. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

You must play against people with Downs syndrome.